Getting to RJC(Help required!)

PSLE marks the graduation of Primary school students and their entry into Secondary schools as teenagers. Discuss all issues about Secondary schooling here.

Getting to RJC(Help required!)

Postby Zemus » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:34 pm

Hi all, i'm currently taking my O Levels this year and I wonder if it is possible for me to get to RJC. Okay, first to start off I DO NOT have HMT. Here are my subjects : English Language, Chinese Language, A Math, Math, Chemistry, Sc(Phy/Bio), Combined Humanities(SS/Egeog). My CCA score is already an A2. Thus, i'm wondering if I were to get 6 points for O levels, it is possible for me to enter RJC?

Zemus
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:28 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Getting to RJC(Help required!)

Postby jtoh » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:25 pm

Zemus wrote:Hi all, i'm currently taking my O Levels this year and I wonder if it is possible for me to get to RJC. Okay, first to start off I DO NOT have HMT. Here are my subjects : English Language, Chinese Language, A Math, Math, Chemistry, Sc(Phy/Bio), Combined Humanities(SS/Egeog). My CCA score is already an A2. Thus, i'm wondering if I were to get 6 points for O levels, it is possible for me to enter RJC?


COP for RIJC is 3. Your best possible score is 6-2 = 4 points. Based on that I don't think you'll be able to go to RIJC. But a forummer mentioned that ACSI reserves some spots for students who do not have HMT bonus points. I don't know if that's true and if RIJC practises that too.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 10921
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:47 pm
Total Likes: 91


Re: Getting to RJC(Help required!)

Postby Snow Crystal » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:43 pm

jtoh wrote:COP for RIJC is 3. Your best possible score is 6-2 = 4 points. Based on that I don't think you'll be able to go to RIJC. But a forummer mentioned that ACSI reserves some spots for students who do not have HMT bonus points. I don't know if that's true and if RIJC practises that too.

I juz heard that nett 3 is also difficult for RIJC Science :sweat: but that case has HMT. Allocated to another JC. FYI.

Snow Crystal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1322
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:20 am
Total Likes: 1


Re: Getting to RJC(Help required!)

Postby jtoh » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:54 pm

Snow Crystal wrote:
jtoh wrote:COP for RIJC is 3. Your best possible score is 6-2 = 4 points. Based on that I don't think you'll be able to go to RIJC. But a forummer mentioned that ACSI reserves some spots for students who do not have HMT bonus points. I don't know if that's true and if RIJC practises that too.

I juz heard that nett 3 is also difficult for RIJC Science :sweat: but that case has HMT. Allocated to another JC. FYI.


Yes, it's partial 3 apparently. So tough!
Which JC did the student get into in the end?

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 10921
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:47 pm
Total Likes: 91


Re: Getting to RJC(Help required!)

Postby MandyMummy » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:57 pm

Zemus wrote:Hi all, i'm currently taking my O Levels this year and I wonder if it is possible for me to get to RJC. Okay, first to start off I DO NOT have HMT. Here are my subjects : English Language, Chinese Language, A Math, Math, Chemistry, Sc(Phy/Bio), Combined Humanities(SS/Egeog). My CCA score is already an A2. Thus, i'm wondering if I were to get 6 points for O levels, it is possible for me to enter RJC?

You may need to appeal in after JAE posting if you do not take HCL. You will be competing with students who have at least 7A1s.

MandyMummy
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
 
Posts: 764
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:51 pm
Total Likes: 0



Re: Getting to RJC(Help required!)

Postby Snow Crystal » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:14 pm

jtoh wrote:Yes, it's partial 3 apparently. So tough!
Which JC did the student get into in the end?

Not too sure - either HCI or NJC.
Agree - so tough..

Snow Crystal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1322
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:20 am
Total Likes: 1


Re: Getting to RJC(Help required!)

Postby Zemus » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:57 pm

Thanks people for the comments! =) I was wondering that hopefully my chinese would do well and get 7A1s. Any1 got any info on people entering RJ with only 6-2=4 points?

Zemus
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:28 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Getting to RJC(Help required!)

Postby MandyMummy » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:21 pm

Zemus wrote:Thanks people for the comments! =) I was wondering that hopefully my chinese would do well and get 7A1s. Any1 got any info on people entering RJ with only 6-2=4 points?


http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... 40&t=30788

One forummer has appealed in.

MandyMummy
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
 
Posts: 764
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:51 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Getting to RJC(Help required!)

Postby angell » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:46 am

Zemus wrote:Thanks people for the comments! =) I was wondering that hopefully my chinese would do well and get 7A1s. Any1 got any info on people entering RJ with only 6-2=4 points?


Hi Zemus,
My dd is in yr6 rjc. She has a fren who appealed n got in with 4 pts without hmt. It seems there were a few such cases.

All the best to you!

angell
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 355
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:14 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Getting to RJC(Help required!)

Postby Snow Crystal » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:43 am

Zemus - all the best! Hope you get your desired A1s, and if you do not get into RIJC via JAE, hope you get in via appeal. Work towards your dream!

Snow Crystal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1322
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:20 am
Total Likes: 1


Next

Return to Secondary Schools - Academic Support