Preparing for Mother tongue oral

PSLE marks the graduation of Primary school students and their entry into Secondary schools as teenagers. Discuss all issues about Secondary schooling here.

Preparing for Mother tongue oral

Postby Student9739 » Mon May 21, 2012 9:57 pm

Hi all, I am taking the o level mother tongue oral soon. My Chinese is very bad, so do anyone of you have any tips on preparing for oral? I will also like to know how to guess the pronunciation of Chinese words that are new to me? Does anyone has any tips to share ? :?:

Student9739
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Preparing for Mother tongue oral

Postby bandmate » Thu May 24, 2012 7:50 pm

In my opinion, I think you can try practicing your elocution by reading any Chinese passages you see, especially the ones you find in your paper 2 comprehension. I think that's more related to the oral, which is most likely related to our daily lives. If you meet a word that you have never seen before, you can try reading the simplest word you see in the the foreign word. For example, 们 has 门 in it, so you can try pronouncing 门 if you don't know what is 们 (which i doubt so anyway). Try to deduce the foreign word from the words around the it, especially if it is meant to be a phrase;it would make much more sense.

bandmate
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Preparing for Mother tongue oral

Postby Student9739 » Tue May 29, 2012 2:20 pm

Thanks!!

Student9739
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Secondary Schools - Academic Support