IB Economics

PSLE marks the graduation of Primary school students and their entry into Secondary schools as teenagers. Discuss all issues about Secondary schooling here.

IB Economics

Postby kiasu_mum75 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:01 pm

any parents here with child from IB Economics? my colleague asking for help with IB economics for her son. Any tutors to recommend? i checked around and many tutors are unwilling /unable to teach IB Economics. or anyone willing to share their school's IB Econs notes? my colleague willing to pay... thanks!

kiasu_mum75
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: IB Economics

Postby AgDearie » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:50 pm

Hi kiasu_mum75,

So far, only ACSI has IB program, the rest are International Schools. I think you should go to ACSI to seek help.

From next year, beside ACSI, another school that will have IB program will be SJI.

kiasu_mum75 wrote:any parents here with child from IB Economics? my colleague asking for help with IB economics for her son. Any tutors to recommend? i checked around and many tutors are unwilling /unable to teach IB Economics. or anyone willing to share their school's IB Econs notes? my colleague willing to pay... thanks!

AgDearie
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Lynn2010 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:22 pm

kiasu_mum75 wrote:any parents here with child from IB Economics? my colleague asking for help with IB economics for her son. Any tutors to recommend? i checked around and many tutors are unwilling /unable to teach IB Economics. or anyone willing to share their school's IB Econs notes? my colleague willing to pay... thanks!

Although i am not familiar with the IB Econs syllabus. I believe it should not differ much from the A level other than the way IB is being tested.

Economics is a "living' subject. Other than the theory you learn, you need to read a lot of current affairs and apply. If the child is smart enough to go into ACSI IB program, i dont think it is too difficult. He/She needs to read the newspapers.
Last edited by Lynn2010 on Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lynn2010
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby osim » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:20 pm

AgDearie wrote:Hi kiasu_mum75,

So far, only ACSI has IB program, the rest are International Schools. I think you should go to ACSI to seek help.

From next year, beside ACSI, another school that will have IB program will be SJI.

The 2 specialized independents schools have been running IB, Singapore Sports School and School Of the Arts. But I think they don't do Econs.

osim
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Return to Secondary Schools - Academic Support