sec 2 sub combi

PSLE marks the graduation of Primary school students and their entry into Secondary schools as teenagers. Discuss all issues about Secondary schooling here.

sec 2 sub combi

Postby germalux » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:12 pm

hi all,

can u guys give me some advice.

currently, i am thinking of taking medicine course in uni.

there are 2 sub combi i had thought abt. pls advice on which is the better one. ps i have interest in sciences but little in history.

combi 1:
chem
physic
bio
elect geog

combi 2:

chem
bio
elect history
pure geog

the dilema here is that in JC i can only take two science so that means i have to drop one of the 3 if i take combi one.

if that is so, would taking 3 sci be a waste?

if i take combi 2, i am afraid i might be stressed coz i dun really like history. but i like geog but my sch allows pure geog only if i take elect history.

haiz..... :? ~~~ pls give some advice..

thank you

germalux
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: sec 2 sub combi

Postby AdeleisG » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:58 pm

Hi Germalux, I can understand your dilemma as a Sec 2 student who is choosing subject combi as well. I feel that it will be better for you to take combi 1 since you are interested in science. Also, this combi is more suitable for you since you have little interest in history. although you will have to drop one of the sciences when you go to jc, the science that you may drop in future is still a form of enrichment for you in secondary school. Besides, all these three sciences are useful if you take medicine in future. For me, I would prefer geography to history, as the latter is more challenging for me. Good luck for your choice!

AdeleisG
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: sec 2 sub combi

Postby Skyed » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:46 pm

If you want to do medicine, take bio + chem. However, if you need to take pure geog with it, it will be hard. Both bio and geog have ALOT to memorise.

Skyed
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Return to Secondary Schools - Academic Support