Combination of subjects for secondary three

PSLE marks the graduation of Primary school students and their entry into Secondary schools as teenagers. Discuss all issues about Secondary schooling here.

Re: Combination of subjects for secondary three

Postby CherryMars » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:35 pm

Hi,

my daughter plans on taking 3 humanities (including Higher Music) and 1 science subject only (Bio). Please please tell me how will this affect her badly? In terms of entry to top JCs and Universities.

She's keen on ACSI or Raffles, and she aims for US Universities like UCLA. She hopes for a career in Music (an unstable career though), if not she hopes to venture into journalism or business (that's why she wants a stable education background).

Please reply soon!

CherryMars
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Help! Which science class to choose?

Postby CherryMars » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:14 pm

Hi,

my daughter plans on taking 3 humanities (including Higher Music) and 1 science subject only (Bio). Please please tell me how will this affect her badly? In terms of entry to top JCs and Universities.

She's keen on ACSI or Raffles, and she aims for US Universities like UCLA. She hopes for a career in Music (an unstable career though), if not she hopes to venture into journalism or business (that's why she wants a stable education background).

Please reply soon!

CherryMars
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: sec 2 sub combi

Postby CherryMars » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:15 pm

Hi,

Please reply soon!

CherryMars
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Triple Science and Double Science

Postby CherryMars » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:16 pm

Hi,

Please reply soon!

CherryMars
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Should my child drop to combined science?

Postby CherryMars » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:17 pm

Hi,

my daughter plans on taking 3 humanities (including Higher Music) and 1 science subject only (Bio). 1 Science only! Please please tell me how will this affect her badly? In terms of entry to top JCs and Universities.

Please reply soon!

CherryMars
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Getting to RJC(Help required!)

Postby CherryMars » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:57 pm

Hi,

Please reply soon!

CherryMars
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Skyed » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:42 pm

Really not safe to do Biology as her only science. If she only wants to do one science, do chemistry. It's the most important, and gives you more opportunities in uni.

Skyed
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby SunBrazen » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:44 pm

Actually, the best choice would be 2 humanities and 2 science subjects. This offers the best chance of securing a good L1R5 score because it gives a backup should one subject screw up.

SunBrazen
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Secondary Schools - Academic Support