3rd language

PSLE marks the graduation of Primary school students and their entry into Secondary schools as teenagers. Discuss all issues about Secondary schooling here.

3rd language

Postby 12am » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:39 pm

My daughter is planning on joining rgs next year. However, she is quite worried that the classes might clash with cca. Will the classes clash with cca? And if they do, does she attend cca or 3rd language class? Are the majority of the girls doing 3rd language? Also, which language should she pick? My mind is in a mess right now. I would really appreciate some help. Thanks <3
12am
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: 3rd language

Postby Choco05 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:48 pm

12am wrote:My daughter is planning on joining rgs next year. However, she is quite worried that the classes might clash with cca. Will the classes clash with cca? And if they do, does she attend cca or 3rd language class? Are the majority of the girls doing 3rd language? Also, which language should she pick? My mind is in a mess right now. I would really appreciate some help. Thanks <3

Hi, maybe you can post this in the RGS thread instead?

Anyway, the ccas has been scheduled to not fall on 3rd lang day, so no need to worry. If let say you have competition on that day, excuse letters will be issued.

Quite a lot of students start out with 3rd language in sec 1 but many drop it along the way.

Regarding which language to pick, maybe you can ask her about her preferences? :smile:

Choco05
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby 12am » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:15 am

Thanks Choco05 for your great advice!
12am
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby WatermelonMum » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:37 pm

Hi, my son is in sec 1 and studying Japanese at MOELC next year. I am looking for the Japanese textbooks. If you have the textbooks which are in good condition and willing to sell them, please pm me. Thank you.

WatermelonMum
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Return to Secondary Schools - Academic Support