CCA Points.

PSLE marks the graduation of Primary school students and their entry into Secondary schools as teenagers. Discuss all issues about Secondary schooling here.

CCA Points.

Postby DurianLemon » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:34 am

Hi there! I am a student from SCSS. May I ask if there are any competitions that can award students with CCA points (i.e. Maths Olympiad, Commonwealth Essay etc)

Thanks in advance! :rahrah:

DurianLemon
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: CCA Points.

Postby Skyed » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:56 am

The only competitions that award cca points are those that are from your cca I think. Like say, you are in photography, you only get points for joining photography comps, if you join a writing comp you won't get points.

Skyed
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby DurianLemon » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:56 am

Skyed wrote:The only competitions that award cca points are those that are from your cca I think. Like say, you are in photography, you only get points for joining photography comps, if you join a writing comp you won't get points.

So there aren't any external ones ? Like some essay writing competitions?

DurianLemon
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby bandmate » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:25 pm

If I'm not wrong, CCA points are also awarded when you represent your school in various competitions like SMO, IMO or IPhO. Participation in your CCA alone would give minimal CCA points if you don't participate in competitions or events etc.

bandmate
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby DurianLemon » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:00 pm

bandmate wrote:If I'm not wrong, CCA points are also awarded when you represent your school in various competitions like SMO, IMO or IPhO. Participation in your CCA alone would give minimal CCA points if you don't participate in competitions or events etc.

That's why I'm asking if there are any competitions that I can take part...
So are these the only competition i can take part in ?

DurianLemon
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby ruohoo97 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:32 pm

DurianLemon wrote:
bandmate wrote:If I'm not wrong, CCA points are also awarded when you represent your school in various competitions like SMO, IMO or IPhO. Participation in your CCA alone would give minimal CCA points if you don't participate in competitions or events etc.

That's why I'm asking if there are any competitions that I can take part...
So are these the only competition i can take part in ?

I believe that if you represent school in national or international competitions, you will be awarded CCA points. Why not ask your school teacher in charge?

ruohoo97
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby FrekiWang » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:15 am

There are CCA points awarded from competitions that are not related to your CCA, subject to a cap of around 20 points or something like that.

For competitions related to your CCA, it will be counted as the level of participation in your CCA.

FrekiWang
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby beezlebubz » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:44 am

yup you can get cca points from maths olympiad, and commonwealth essay, that is if you win. i also got points for the UNCLOS maths/sci thing for getting a merit/distinction.

beezlebubz
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby DurianLemon » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:51 pm

beezlebubz wrote:yup you can get cca points from maths olympiad, and commonwealth essay, that is if you win. i also got points for the UNCLOS maths/sci thing for getting a merit/distinction.

May I ask how many points will be awarded if you win ?

DurianLemon
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby kiasu_student » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:17 pm

Can ask bandmate if students take part in IMO? I am a student and very keen in Maths. Can ask wether I can take part in 2016 in HK representing sch?

kiasu_student
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Next

Return to Secondary Schools - Academic Support