Waiting for O level result with low hopes of entering a JC

PSLE marks the graduation of Primary school students and their entry into Secondary schools as teenagers. Discuss all issues about Secondary schooling here.
Skyed
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Re: Waiting for O level result with low hopes of entering a

Post by Skyed » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:25 pm

Ifaileverything wrote:I don't think we must get more than 90 for E math in order to get A1. Cambridge says a lot of people lack the presentation skill in order to score even though they get the correct answer, hence, they will get a deduction in the marks. I think to get A1 for emath is around 78-79.
Even if people minus a lot of marks for working... The emath A1 won't be less than 85.. The paper is too easy. That's why They moderate the bell curve up by so much.

And not only my teachers, but teachers in other schools as well have told their students that if they think a score of ~75 can get them an A1, they should b expecting a B3/B4 instead.

lmagel
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by lmagel » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:53 pm

Based on statistic given by my math teacher, the usual e-math A1 cut off point is between 84~88. The e-math paper this year might be ridiculously simple, but it is the presentation that matters most. Thus, this year's paper might be slightly, just slightly higher than the usual COP, about 89 or 90?

TheAnswer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:30

Post by TheAnswer » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:00 pm

My student told me that pure chemistry was very easy too so I guess might be more than 85 for A1?

lmagel
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by lmagel » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:10 pm

TheAnswer wrote:My student told me that pure chemistry was very easy too so I guess might be more than 85 for A1?
It was very easy if you studied. People who posts their thoughts on forum all said it was simple, but there are still many others whose thoughts are unknown. However, usually for sciences, the A1 grade doesn't deviate much from 75. Usually between 75~80. I don't think it would be as high as 85.

Skyed
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Post by Skyed » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:45 pm

TheAnswer wrote:My student told me that pure chemistry was very easy too so I guess might be more than 85 for A1?
Yes it was very easy. However. it is not easy until the A1>90. I have asked my science teachers for chem, bio and phy and they all said a score of >85 is a confirm A1. This year chem B7 in paper 2 confused many students, so the A1 the highest likely 85.

lmagel
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by lmagel » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:07 pm

Skyed wrote:
Yes it was very easy. However. it is not easy until the A1>90. I have asked my science teachers for chem, bio and phy and they all said a score of >85 is a confirm A1. This year chem B7 in paper 2 confused many students, so the A1 the highest likely 85.
I don't even remember B7...

Skyed
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Post by Skyed » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:14 pm

lmagel wrote:
Skyed wrote:
I don't even remember B7...
The brine question

lmagel
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by lmagel » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:20 pm

Skyed wrote:
The brine question
1st question in section B? Wasn't most of the answers found in the 'advert' given?

Skyed
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Post by Skyed » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:26 pm

lmagel wrote:
Skyed wrote:
The brine question
1st question in section B? Wasn't most of the answers found in the 'advert' given?
Yeah, but apparently you're not supposed to say what's given in the question (duh). From the answer keys online at least.

lmagel
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by lmagel » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:38 pm

Skyed wrote:
lmagel wrote:
Skyed wrote:
The brine question
Yeah, but apparently you're not supposed to say what's given in the question (duh). From the answer keys online at least.
What I did was copy selectively and explain.. Hopefully won't get penalized haha.
BTW, results are on 10th jan, 1:30pm at school as said by my sec3 juniors.