Any good guide books and assessments books for sec 1 science

PSLE marks the graduation of Primary school students and their entry into Secondary schools as teenagers. Discuss all issues about Secondary schooling here.

Any good guide books and assessments books for sec 1 science

Postby homeworkmummy » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:54 pm

Can anyone please tell me what are the good guide books and assessment books for sec 1 science.

homeworkmummy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:19 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Any good guide books and assessments books for sec 1 sci

Postby Exchange » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Hi,
You can try this link for the science reference books. These books are used by my daughter (she is from IP school).

http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... 21&t=48739

Exchange
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 271
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:44 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Any good guide books and assessments books for sec 1 sci

Postby Dr.Daniel » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:29 am

homeworkmummy wrote:Can anyone please tell me what are the good guide books and assessment books for sec 1 science.

The best assessment book I have found is Red in color and called "Lower Secondary Science (Conceptual Exercises)"by G.S. Cheng. The new 2013 edition is out now. I have used it in my science class for 3 years now. It has a good assortment of both MCQ and Structured questions.

Dr.Daniel
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:28 am
Total Likes: 2


Re: Any good guide books and assessments books for sec 1 sci

Postby joy_mum » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:48 pm

Dr.Daniel wrote:
homeworkmummy wrote:Can anyone please tell me what are the good guide books and assessment books for sec 1 science.

The best assessment book I have found is Red in color and called "Lower Secondary Science (Conceptual Exercises)"by G.S. Cheng. The new 2013 edition is out now. I have used it in my science class for 3 years now. It has a good assortment of both MCQ and Structured questions.


Hi Daniel,

Trying to search on popular bookstore's and other website but couldn't find Lower Secondary Science Conceptual Exercises book. Can you tell me where can I get this assessment book?

Thanks.

joy_mum
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:40 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: Any good guide books and assessments books for sec 1 sci

Postby lena.aw » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:49 pm

mceducation1 wrote:Hello there!

Here are some titles that you might find useful for you/your child:

(1) Perfect Guide to Lower Secondary Science Book A (2nd Edition) - New Title!

(2) Perfect Guide to Lower Secondary Science Book B (2nd Editon) - New Title!

(3) Perfect Guide to Lower Secondary Science Structured Questions Book A - New Title!

(4) Perfect Guide to Lower Secondary Science Structured Questions Book B - New Title!

You may click on the titles to be brought to our online catalogue for more information about the books, and these titles are now available at all major bookstores!

Hope these help!


Hi can you let me know where can I get (4) Perfect Guide to Lower Secondary Science Structured Questions Book B - New Title. Thanks

lena.aw
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:01 pm
Total Likes: 0



Re: Any good guide books and assessments books for sec 1 sci

Postby Dr.Daniel » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:08 pm

joy_mum wrote:
Dr.Daniel wrote:
homeworkmummy wrote:Can anyone please tell me what are the good guide books and assessment books for sec 1 science.

The best assessment book I have found is Red in color and called "Lower Secondary Science (Conceptual Exercises)"by G.S. Cheng. The new 2013 edition is out now. I have used it in my science class for 3 years now. It has a good assortment of both MCQ and Structured questions.


Hi Daniel,

Trying to search on popular bookstore's and other website but couldn't find Lower Secondary Science Conceptual Exercises book. Can you tell me where can I get this assessment book?

Thanks.



You can get it at Popular. All the Popular Bookstores I have been in have it. I bought 3 more for new students last week. If you don't see it just ask the staff.

Dr.Daniel
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:28 am
Total Likes: 2


Re: Any good guide books and assessments books for sec 1 sci

Postby janet88 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:13 pm

I think there was a 20% discount earlier...dragged hubby and son to Popular to ask them to see if practical. Also have the red one which Daniel mentioned. New syllabus for 2013 Sec 1.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 33776
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:37 am
Total Likes: 111



Return to Secondary Schools - Academic Support