Any Good O Level English courses for sec 4?

PSLE marks the graduation of Primary school students and their entry into Secondary schools as teenagers. Discuss all issues about Secondary schooling here.

Any Good O Level English courses for sec 4?

Postby chrysophrase » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:52 pm

Hi I'm quite worried about my daughter's o levels because her English isn't doing very well. Around b/c grade. Very worried as she doesn't take Hmt so english will definitely be in the L1R5. She aims to get into Ajc or Njc so I think she's going to need to get at least a1 or a2 to qualify. Are there any good "Crashcourses" or last minute programs for O Level English? To prepare students for this years new syllabus. Recommendations much appreciated as there's not much time left

chrysophrase
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:43 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Any Good O Level English courses for sec 4?

Postby Ovencookies » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:18 pm

My son and some of his classmates attended this one (www.olevelenglish.com) together. Very impressed with the improvement I see in my son's grades :) wanted to send him for the long term revision class but clash with his other group tuition for math :(

Ovencookies
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:49 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Any Good O Level English courses for sec 4?

Postby chrysophrase » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:07 am

Thanks for the recommendation, I will give them a call tomorrow to find out more.. :)

chrysophrase
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:43 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Any Good O Level English courses for sec 4?

Postby LarryG67 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:28 am

Yup the workshop by www.olevelenglish.com is good. My son went for it too and is also enrolled for the long term revision sessions with the conductor. I will support my son all the way if he want to attend this as i'm quite impressed with the improvement so far.

Ovencookies, Isn't the L1 in L1R5 the most important? Cuz from what I know the math do not need to be included in the R5? My son used to have tuition sessions on the dates as well but we rescheduled it to help him to attend this English one

LarryG67
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:28 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Any Good O Level English courses for sec 4?

Postby Ovencookies » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:15 am

LarryG67 wrote:Yup the workshop by http://www.olevelenglish.com is good. My son went for it too and is also enrolled for the long term revision sessions with the conductor. I will support my son all the way if he want to attend this as i'm quite impressed with the improvement so far.

Ovencookies, Isn't the L1 in L1R5 the most important? Cuz from what I know the math do not need to be included in the R5? My son used to have tuition sessions on the dates as well but we rescheduled it to help him to attend this English one


Hi LarryG67,

That's true. Ultimately his English will be counted inside the L1R5. But he tells me he is intending for his triple sci and double math to be part of the R5, so he must do well for math as it is two subjects. He says he is not confident for his combined humanities :(. So I thought maybe concentrate on math first. Actually I'm really worried for his math :( :( how's the revision sessions for your side ?

Ovencookies
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:49 pm
Total Likes: 0



Re: Any Good O Level English courses for sec 4?

Postby chrysophrase » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:10 pm

Ovencookies wrote:My son and some of his classmates attended this one (http://www.olevelenglish.com) together. Very impressed with the improvement I see in my son's grades :) wanted to send him for the long term revision class but clash with his other group tuition for math :(



Hi Ovencookies,

Thanks for the great tip! I brought my daughter for the Oral workshop over the weekend and I'm very impressed with the conversation techniques covered. Right now I'm trying to reschedule her other classes so that she can attend the comprehensive 2-day workshop/crashcourse. I've heard a lot of good things about this intensive crashcourse from other parents also. How was it for you?

chrysophrase
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:43 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Any Good O Level English courses for sec 4?

Postby Ovencookies » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:04 am

According to my son it was really intense and fun at the same time. The trainer gave them very good tips for tackling the different papers :) apparently these methods are all used by those potential straight A students who are personally mentored and groomed by this trainer. and my son got this really thick book of notes. Thicker than a textbook! So u can just imagine the amount of things they covered. very impressed with the improvement I see in my son's oral and essay and comprehension :D

Ovencookies
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:49 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Any Good O Level English courses for sec 4?

Postby pandan » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:08 am

LarryG67 wrote:Yup the workshop by http://www.olevelenglish.com is good. My son went for it too and is also enrolled for the long term revision sessions with the conductor. I will support my son all the way if he want to attend this as i'm quite impressed with the improvement so far.

Ovencookies, Isn't the L1 in L1R5 the most important? Cuz from what I know the math do not need to be included in the R5? My son used to have tuition sessions on the dates as well but we rescheduled it to help him to attend this English one



Hi LarryG67,

Please check your PM. Thank you.

pandan
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:58 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: Any Good O Level English courses for sec 4?

Postby pandan » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:10 am

Ovencookies wrote:According to my son it was really intense and fun at the same time. The trainer gave them very good tips for tackling the different papers :) apparently these methods are all used by those potential straight A students who are personally mentored and groomed by this trainer. and my son got this really thick book of notes. Thicker than a textbook! So u can just imagine the amount of things they covered. very impressed with the improvement I see in my son's oral and essay and comprehension :D



Hi Ovencookies,

Please check your PM. Thank you.

pandan
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:58 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: Any Good O Level English courses for sec 4?

Postby moon143 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:57 pm

Hi, I would like to find out more abt this sch. Is there any trial class?

moon143
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 1:45 pm
Total Likes: 0


Next

Return to Secondary Schools - Academic Support