English for sec 2

PSLE marks the graduation of Primary school students and their entry into Secondary schools as teenagers. Discuss all issues about Secondary schooling here.

English for sec 2

Postby Twenty bird » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:15 am

Hi happiest, pls provide recommended English tuition teacher contact as my ds fail his English test badly n not putting effort as he feels that failing English means fail all subjects even he pass them.

Due to new English exam format, he's not picking up from his current tuition teacher 1-1 :?:

Twenty bird
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: English for sec 2

Postby Quintessentially Writing » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:49 pm

You did not specify if it is Paper 1 or Paper 2. If it is Paper 1, we can critique his test paper and provide help to remedy his areas of weakness. Sometimes, it is not about doing one practice after another; it is about reviewing one's work and avoid past mistakes.

If it is Paper 2, we can help to highlight the type of questions that he needs more help in when we review his paper.

We are offering an assessment service on a per time basis. There is no registration fees or monthly payment.

Please visit us at www.quintessentiallywriting.wordpress.com.

Quintessentially Writing
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: English for sec 2

Postby Helena Marie » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:59 am

I have looked for a lot of tuition centres before however my kid still could not pick up the lessons from his tuition teacher. Recently, my husband and I enrolled our son in Smart Learners Education Centre in Jurong East. This was suggested to me by our common friend whose son is having his English and Maths tuition since last July 2012.
True enough, my son has improved a lot as the teacher taught him skills rather than information. This has helped him boost his confidence in taking the test.
The teacher does not only give Practice papers but inputs for him to be able to answer the papers.
Moreover, there are only few number of students in one class, so the teacher can focus on the students.

Helena Marie
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Secondary Schools - Academic Support