LEARNConcierge

Social studies

PSLE marks the graduation of Primary school students and their entry into Secondary schools as teenagers. Discuss all issues about Secondary schooling here.

Re: Social studies

Postby Sweet Joy » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:58 pm

Hi, can anymore tell me where I can get Sec 3 SA1 2016 school papers for Social Studies? It will be good if there is the Answer Scheme too.

Willing to pay for it if need be, but would be nice it is free.

Thanks ahead.

Sweet Joy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby zbear » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:39 pm

Sweet Joy wrote:Hi, can anymore tell me where I can get Sec 3 SA1 2016 school papers for Social Studies? It will be good if there is the Answer Scheme too.

Willing to pay for it if need be, but would be nice it is free.

Thanks ahead.

I don't think SS exam papers are on sale. Never see at all.

The only way is to get an exchange from other schools. But my DS told me that the school will usually give the students other schools' papers for practice nearer to O levels. For Sec 3, the school just concentrate on the syabulus n teach the students correct answering techniques. They don't encourage students to practise other schools' papers.

zbear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby yellow-dk » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:32 am

help... my dd is slow with memorizing subject and taking combined humanities
does anyone know where to get model answers for SS and E Geo to the various topics so that she can cut short the process ? too close to o level now so no time to go tuition, got limited time slots too... intends to self-study :?:

yellow-dk
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby KimNYou » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:39 am

yellow-dk wrote:help... my dd is slow with memorizing subject and taking combined humanities
does anyone know where to get model answers for SS and E Geo to the various topics so that she can cut short the process ? too close to o level now so no time to go tuition, got limited time slots too... intends to self-study :?:

Hi!

There is no need to get model answers. All you have to do is look through the worksheets and papers that your school has provided you with. Before you go into revising those worksheets, read through the chapters in the textbook first.

We understand that it is a lot of chapters but if you will to treat it like a storybook and understand the content slowly, both SS and Geo are actually quite simple.

Lastly, school teachers are always available! Do an arrangement with them during school time and see how they can help you after school hours. :)

Passionate teachers are engineers of a child's life. We are certain they will help you out. Cheers!

KimNYou
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby zbear » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:46 am

yellow-dk wrote:help... my dd is slow with memorizing subject and taking combined humanities

There is still time. Best to seek consultation from the teachers. They are the best source of help. SS n E Geog are not just memorizing.

It's mastering the correct answering technique that will help the student manage the subject.

Don't think there are model answers n advisable not to rely on model answers as they may not be accurate.

zbear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby lynncbh » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:18 am

Try this tutor.
Ex-teacher who teaches History and Social Studies. Focuses on answering technique to score well.
http://www.yestuition.sg/viewdetails.php?tutorid=819

lynncbh
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby beepeebful » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:18 pm

Perhaps memorising the content is not the direction ur child should take. Explore different methods?

beepeebful
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby beepeebful » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:18 pm

Perhaps memorising the content is not the direction ur child should take. Explore different methods?

beepeebful
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Mr Chong » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:23 pm

The NEW SS 2017 Syllabus New Style of Questions:

[Source-Based Questions]
file:///C:/Users/User/Music/SS%20QNS.pdf

Ans Key: file:///C:/Users/User/Music/SS%20ANS.pdf

Hope this helps :)

Mr Chong
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby caringconcernedparent » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:39 pm

Hi Mr Chong,

Thanks for your links but don't think we can click into your c drive.

Please assist. :?:

Thanks.

Mr Chong wrote:The NEW SS 2017 Syllabus New Style of Questions:

[Source-Based Questions]
file:///C:/Users/User/Music/SS%20QNS.pdf

Ans Key: file:///C:/Users/User/Music/SS%20ANS.pdf

Hope this helps :)

caringconcernedparent
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

PreviousNext

Return to Secondary Schools - Academic Support