Secondary 3 Subjects

PSLE marks the graduation of Primary school students and their entry into Secondary schools as teenagers. Discuss all issues about Secondary schooling here.

Secondary 3 Subjects

Postby Josephwgl » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:23 am

Hi all, I am a Sec 2 student who had just finished his e-streaming, I did not do very well for my SA2 and only got a subject combination of 8G2SO(mu), I was hoping that if i study well in this holiday, perhaps I can take 8G3S for the next year, does anyone know if this is possible? That if my grades goes up will I be able to change the subjects I am taking?
Thanks. :smile:

Josephwgl
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Secondary 3 Subjects

Postby zbear » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:44 pm

May I know what is 8G2SO (mu) n 8G3S?

zbear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Josephwgl » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:52 pm

zbear wrote:May I know what is 8G2SO (mu) n 8G3S?

zbear sure. 8G2SO(MU) stands for 8 subjects which are:
1.English
2.Higher Mother Tongue
3.Additional Mathematics
4.Elementary Mathematics
5.Physics
6.Chemistry
7.GSS-Geography & Social Studies(HSS if choice was 8H3SO)
8.Music
Whereas 8G3S also stands for 8 subjects but includes all 3 sciences
1.English
2.Higher Mother Tongue
3.Additional Mathematics
4.Elementary Mathematics
5.Physics
6.Chemistry
7.GSS-Geography & Social Studies(HSS if choice was 8H3SO)
8.Biology

Josephwgl
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby koguma » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:36 am

Josephwgl wrote:Hi all, I am a Sec 2 student who had just finished his e-streaming, I did not do very well for my SA2 and only got a subject combination of 8G2SO(mu), I was hoping that if i study well in this holiday, perhaps I can take 8G3S for the next year, does anyone know if this is possible? That if my grades goes up will I be able to change the subjects I am taking?

Only your school principal and teachers can advise you on this. as different schools have different practices. Have you checked with them?

I know some schools allow their students to appeal after the initial posting is out. Do your school has such appeal process and have you try appealing?

koguma
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Josephwgl » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:10 pm

koguma wrote:
Josephwgl wrote:Hi all, I am a Sec 2 student who had just finished his e-streaming, I did not do very well for my SA2 and only got a subject combination of 8G2SO(mu), I was hoping that if i study well in this holiday, perhaps I can take 8G3S for the next year, does anyone know if this is possible? That if my grades goes up will I be able to change the subjects I am taking?

Only your school principal and teachers can advise you on this. as different schools have different practices. Have you checked with them?

I know some schools allow their students to appeal after the initial posting is out. Do your school has such appeal process and have you try appealing?

well, i did ask some of my seniors who are going to be sec 4 next year and they said it was possible at the beginning of the term. so the problem is solved. thanks for asking :D i just need to revise on my sciences this holiday so i'll be ready

Josephwgl
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby koguma » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:20 am

Josephwgl wrote:
koguma wrote:

well, i did ask some of my seniors who are going to be sec 4 next year and they said it was possible at the beginning of the term. so the problem is solved. thanks for asking :D i just need to revise on my sciences this holiday so i'll be ready

Good luck :)

koguma
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Verysuperkiasu » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:14 pm

Hi...

My dd failed chemistry. Anyone heard of The Educationalist? How much do they charge? Any experience with the agency?

Verysuperkiasu
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Return to Secondary Schools - Academic Support