Relative Result

PSLE marks the graduation of Primary school students and their entry into Secondary schools as teenagers. Discuss all issues about Secondary schooling here.

Relative Result

Postby cowdragon » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:46 am

Hi,
My dd is going sec 2 next yr. For her sec 1 school exam, her school does not reveal the results of the class or cohort for the individual subjects in the report book. By results, I mean average marks, min/max marks and standard deviation. There is also no info of the student's position in class or cohort.
I find this practice very strange as a student has no reference to gauge his/her performance relative to the class/cohort except to "ask around". :scratchhead:
I would like to ask parents and students here whether your school informs the relative results. Also, how do you know the student's relative results then if you are in the same situation as me. Your sharing and thoughts are most appreciated.

cowdragon
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Relative Result

Postby slmkhoo » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:42 pm

cowdragon wrote:Hi,
My dd is going sec 2 next yr. For her sec 1 school exam, her school does not reveal the results of the class or cohort for the individual subjects in the report book. By results, I mean average marks, min/max marks and standard deviation. There is also no info of the student's position in class or cohort.
I find this practice very strange as a student has no reference to gauge his/her performance relative to the class/cohort except to "ask around". :scratchhead:
I would like to ask parents and students here whether your school informs the relative results. Also, how do you know the student's relative results then if you are in the same situation as me. Your sharing and thoughts are most appreciated.

My daughter's school only gives median mark for each subject. I also feel that more information would be better, but I don't think my asking will change anything.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Secondary Schools - Academic Support