Is tuition absolutely needed from Sec 1?

PSLE marks the graduation of Primary school students and their entry into Secondary schools as teenagers. Discuss all issues about Secondary schooling here.
bestwishes
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:2

Re: Is tuition absolutely needed from Sec 1?

Post by bestwishes » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:51 pm

My friend's boy failed his sec 1 Mid year Math this year. After having tuition for less than 3 months, he has improved greatly. I guess for this case, tuition is absolutely needed.

pokoyoko
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:7

Post by pokoyoko » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:32 pm

I always felt that if a child is not doing well, it could be the issue of a lack of discipline on his part to listen and understand during class (maybe boys), or it could be the teacher being unable to teach to a large class... I'm sure a lot of it is lost in class through the chitter chatter or dreaming away. If learning is done right in school, child can do away with tuition for awhile. Of course some tuition teachers are really good and give your child an added advantage academically, that could be a good reason to want tuition.

bestwishes
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by bestwishes » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:46 pm

pokoyoko wrote:I always felt that if a child is not doing well, it could be the issue of a lack of discipline on his part to listen and understand during class (maybe boys), or it could be the teacher being unable to teach to a large class... I'm sure a lot of it is lost in class through the chitter chatter or dreaming away. If learning is done right in school, child can do away with tuition for awhile. Of course some tuition teachers are really good and give your child an added advantage academically, that could be a good reason to want tuition.
Agree :smile:

pokoyoko
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:7

Post by pokoyoko » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:56 pm

bestwishes wrote:
pokoyoko wrote:I always felt that if a child is not doing well, it could be the issue of a lack of discipline on his part to listen and understand during class (maybe boys), or it could be the teacher being unable to teach to a large class... I'm sure a lot of it is lost in class through the chitter chatter or dreaming away. If learning is done right in school, child can do away with tuition for awhile. Of course some tuition teachers are really good and give your child an added advantage academically, that could be a good reason to want tuition.
Agree :smile:
And that is why in the end we sign up anyway. :moneyflies: :moneyflies: :moneyflies: :lol:

bestwishes
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by bestwishes » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:02 am

Anyone has good recommendation for a tutor for lower sec English, near IMM Jurong East?

nucleus80
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by nucleus80 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:40 pm

bestwishes wrote:Anyone has good recommendation for a tutor for lower sec English, near IMM Jurong East?
I have a tutor for primary school tutor near Clementi, but not sure if she teaches lower sec. Meanwhile maybe can contact this guy, Russell 9656 2463 from some agency. I found all my children's tutors from him, and he's helpful and responsible!!

bestwishes
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by bestwishes » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:24 pm

nucleus80 wrote:
bestwishes wrote:Anyone has good recommendation for a tutor for lower sec English, near IMM Jurong East?
I have a tutor for primary school tutor near Clementi, but not sure if she teaches lower sec. Meanwhile maybe can contact this guy, Russell 9656 2463 from some agency. I found all my children's tutors from him, and he's helpful and responsible!!

Can have the Clementi tutor contact, please? TIA

passioninlearning
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by passioninlearning » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:50 am

Please refer to my website and feel free to contact me.

Regards,
Eric
passioninlearning.wordpress.com

bright-culture
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by bright-culture » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:36 am

I definitely think students shouldn't get tuition in Secondary 1. They should be given some time and space to discover their learning styles and form productive and permanent habits. Qualities like self motivation, discipline and inquisitiveness cannot be taught in a tuition centre.

Help your child during exams with these FREE E-Books!

7 Biggest Mistakes Students Make in Chemistry!

"7 Secrets to ACE Exams!"

Maths tuition centre in Singapore

myhammie
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by myhammie » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:27 am

Anyone has reliable S3 e-math tutor or tuition ctr to recommend? Preferably in the east.