Cambridge Questions Papers

PSLE marks the graduation of Primary school students and their entry into Secondary schools as teenagers. Discuss all issues about Secondary schooling here.

Cambridge Questions Papers

Postby DadOfGirl » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:09 pm

there was article in newspaper about possibility of getting Cambridge Questions papers since legal dispute is resolved...

Is it available in singapore?

DadOfGirl
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby autumnbronze » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:24 pm

Hi DadOfGirl

To my knowledge, the ten yr series for the 'O' level EL paper is available.

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor

Postby mrswongtuition » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:59 pm

Yes, they've already assigned an authorised publisher.
It's already out in market since July this year.

mrswongtuition
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby DadOfGirl » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:23 pm

autumnbronze wrote:Hi DadOfGirl

To my knowledge, the ten yr series for the 'O' level EL paper is available.

Thank you for info. Went to popular & they told me thaat only English is available.. ( Store run out of stock :roll: )

I need maths for SAT exam preparation of by elder DD... Any clue...

DadOfGirl
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby autumnbronze » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:48 pm

Hi DadOfGirl,

From what I know, there are 2 possibilities if the series is out of stock:

1)They have recalled all the copies if the 'O' levels are over. That means you may have to wait for the new batch, ie inclusive of 2009 papers to be published

OR

2)The series is really out of stock

Perhaps you can try going into www.popular.com.sg to find out. They have an online ordering service as well. That way, you may be able to purchase one and collect at the store nearest to you.

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor

Postby autumnbronze » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:08 pm

Hi DadOfGirl,

Update! Update!

Since I am idling away on the PC as DH is out bonding with DS, I called up the store at JP to enquire. Their reply is that Toa Payoh and UE has the most no of copies for 'E' Maths and Northpt and Toa Payoh for 'A" maths. But he cautioned me that the system may not be updated and that best to call the respective branches first. When I asked if it could be ordered online and whether the book could be delivered to the outlet nearest to where I live - affirmative. :celebrate:

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor

Postby DadOfGirl » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:09 am

autumnbronze wrote:Hi DadOfGirl,

Update! Update!

Since I am idling away on the PC as DH is out bonding with DS, I called up the store at JP to enquire. Their reply is that Toa Payoh and UE has the most no of copies for 'E' Maths and Northpt and Toa Payoh for 'A" maths. But he cautioned me that the system may not be updated and that best to call the respective branches first. When I asked if it could be ordered online and whether the book could be delivered to the outlet nearest to where I live - affirmative. :celebrate:

Thank you Autmnbronze !

Infact i went to Northpoint Popular... Girls servicing as customer service has no idea about Cambridge papers! but just remembers English books were on shelf... what is 'E' Maths & 'A' maths :stupid:

DadOfGirl
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby mrswongtuition » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:02 am

Now that O levels are almost ending, it's normal that most places are not stocked up cos the publisher is waiting for 2009 papers before they republish the latest edition.

Publishers will usually take orders in schools, so circulating copies in bookstores are also quite limited. You can try your luck at larger standalone bookstores or call up the publisher directly.

mrswongtuition
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby autumnbronze » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:10 am

Hi DadOfGirl,

'E' stands for elementary and 'A' stands for additional maths.

Pleeeeeease don't ask me what is the difference cuz I was and am hopeless in maths!!! :tongue:

I think you shd consider mrswongtuition's good suggestion as well, if all else fails. :D

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor

Postby DadOfGirl » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:20 am

autumnbronze wrote:Hi DadOfGirl,

'E' stands for elementary and 'A' stands for additional maths.

Pleeeeeease don't ask me what is the difference cuz I was and am hopeless in maths!!! :tongue:

I think you shd consider mrswongtuition's good suggestion as well, if all else fails. :D

Thank you autumnbronze & mrswongtuition. Am heading Popular Toapayoh .. Hopefully there is some books there.

DadOfGirl
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Next

Return to Secondary Schools - Academic Support