Private schools for retaking Os

PSLE marks the graduation of Primary school students and their entry into Secondary schools as teenagers. Discuss all issues about Secondary schooling here.

Private schools for retaking Os

Postby TTLauPeh » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:07 pm

Anyone know of a school for those wanting to retake O Levels? My kid failed all his Sec 4 exams in 2013 so we're not hopeful. Would be happy if he can pass English and get into ITE. Bright but super-lazy so won't be able to study on his own (tutors didn't help either); zero interest in anything that requires effort or is outside the curriculum. Lots of discipline problems too but the mother refuses to send him for counselling. Thanks for any help.

TTLauPeh
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Private schools for retaking Os

Postby JJ1111 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:03 pm

JJ1111
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby schweppes » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:18 pm

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Mdm Koh » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:27 pm

Hi, if your budget permits, I suggest home tuition for every subject twice a week. Try to engage tutors who are more experienced and can serve as his mentors. If there were discipline problems in the past, I don't think going to another school or tuition centre is going to make a difference. But wait for the results. It may not be that bad.

Mdm Koh
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby LarryG67 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:49 pm

yes some of my friends' kids have to retake and I hear that getting a home tutor helps in terms of convenience and time. but you really have to select a good one and the kid must be motivated

LarryG67
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby zbear » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:31 am

In my personal opinion, I doubt whether private tutors can help to change a child's attitude n mindset rgding studies. Its just a more costly option.

What is more important now is to psycho the child endlessly n show examples of how education is necessary at this point of time if you want to live in Singapore.

Only by going to the root of his problem, then can you proceed to find help.

zbear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Secondary Schools - Academic Support