Secondary School Third Languages

PSLE marks the graduation of Primary school students and their entry into Secondary schools as teenagers. Discuss all issues about Secondary schooling here.
sky minecrafter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:25

Re: Secondary School Third Languages

Post by sky minecrafter » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:28 pm

@phtthp. My dear... Registration at MOELC for Y2019 Sec 1 third language classes takes place next week 28 Dec 2018 (Fri). Bookshops+Offices would be open?

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:211

Post by phtthp » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:36 pm

sky minecrafter wrote:@phtthp. My dear... Registration at MOELC for Y2019 Sec 1 third language classes takes place next week 28 Dec 2018 (Fri). Bookshops+Offices would be open?
Hi sky,

10 minutes ago, I just called the Supplier, at Telephone 6742-7322. He said today Friday (21 Dec 2018), his bookshop is still open. I asked him if he got stock of that Secondary 1 Textbook and Workbook, that I need. He replied "Yes, still got stock". He said today, his bookshop closing 5.30 pm. So after lunch later, I will go down and buy from him (supplier). His address is

Blk 47 Sims Place, #01-181 Singapore 380047

sky minecrafter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:25

Post by sky minecrafter » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:56 pm

@phtthp. ¿Español? Expensive... But it's good to start some form of self-learning in the upper primary, as a pastime(?)

pastelthemes
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by pastelthemes » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:20 pm

Felicia09 wrote:Any idea if we can selective purchase for Japanese books? or is a must to purchase whole sets as recommended in the booklist? Worry my girl decide to drop the language after few lesson and it will be a waste to buy whole set. If can selective purchase what Japanese books should i buy first? Thank you
Hi there, I think to play safe, you can get the yellow textbook (book 1) and the hiragana and katakana workbooks. those will be used for the first 2 months. for activity book 1, you can consider buying at a later date. reading and listening comprehension books aren’t really used in class, they’re mostly for home based learning. hope this helps! :smile:

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by phtthp » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:29 pm

:-)
Last edited by phtthp on Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Felicia09
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by Felicia09 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:47 pm

Estéema wrote:
Felicia09 wrote:Any idea if we can selective purchase for Japanese books? or is a must to purchase whole sets as recommended in the booklist? Worry my girl decide to drop the language after few lesson and it will be a waste to buy whole set. If can selective purchase what Japanese books should i buy first? Thank you
Apparently, only those not circled in my following pics are frequently used. The one circled red not used & circled yellow being hardly used.

Hope it helps in yr decision & budget.

Thank you. with picture i get a clearer pic. tq

Felicia09
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by Felicia09 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:49 pm

pastelthemes wrote:

thank you for your advice!

Hi there, I think to play safe, you can get the yellow textbook (book 1) and the hiragana and katakana workbooks. those will be used for the first 2 months. for activity book 1, you can consider buying at a later date. reading and listening comprehension books aren’t really used in class, they’re mostly for home based learning. hope this helps! :smile:

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by phtthp » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:08 am

anyone know where to buy past 3 years (2017, 2016, 2015) GCE O level (French / Spanish / German ) exam papers ? Thank you

1)
2018 French GCE O level exam syllabus

https://www.seab.gov.sg/content/syllabu ... 2_2018.pdf

2)
2018 Spanish GCE O level exam syllabus

https://www.seab.gov.sg/docs/default-so ... 4_2018.pdf

3)
2018 German GCE O level exam syllabus

https://www.seab.gov.sg/content/syllabu ... 8_2018.pdf

4)
2018 Japanese GCE O level exam syllabus

https://www.seab.gov.sg/content/syllabu ... 1_2018.pdf

amk
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by amk » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:56 pm

Estéema wrote:
Apparently, only those not circled in my following pics are frequently used. The one circled red not used & circled yellow being hardly used.

Hope it helps in yr decision & budget.

The books seems to be different from my girls.
She didn't have book circled in red. She got different one.

Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:58

Post by Estéema » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:22 pm

We bought the optional ones, with CDs coz wanted to provide an avenue for my child to listen to native enunciation.