Secondary School Literature

PSLE marks the graduation of Primary school students and their entry into Secondary schools as teenagers. Discuss all issues about Secondary schooling here.

Re: Secondary School Literature

Postby boinbi » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:15 pm

Hi, I have both books. The books have no torn page but my dd has written notes with neat handwriting on 30-40% of the pages. I am selling both for $15 (excluding post)

Self collect at Simei or town area (to be arranged) or by post (buyer will pay for postage)

boinbi
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby fanren » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:41 pm

can anyone recommend a guide book for The Tempest ?

fanren
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby sc_gal » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:21 pm

*LITERATURE & ENGLISH TUITION*

Hi Parents and Students!

I'm posting a general listing for Literature and English tutoring services (beginning in January 2016).

As a Literature student (for the past 7.5 years and counting), I have both an immense passion for this subject as well as a keen understanding of its pains. Over the course of the holidays, helping my younger brother remedy his weaknesses in language and literature has motivated me to reach out to other students as well. Personally, I struggled with lit when I first started in Secondary school, hence I thoroughly empathize with the struggles you/your children are facing. As such, I am offering tuition in the following areas:

- Primary School [English: compre and compo skills], Secondary School [O level English/Literature], JC [IB HL English Literature/Extended Essay in English]
- Close-reading skills; Essay-writing skills; Approaches to Unseen Prose and Poetry; Approaches to Set Texts (PM me for more details and my specialties); Essay guidance and editing.

While many tuition centres or individual tutors may only offer classes for specific prescribed literary texts, I am willing to work through any (most!) texts with you/your child. This serves to provide unique insights and analysis for each student/response -- because really, anyone can scroll through SparkNotes on their own. And just because I really love Literature, and I want nothing more but to help more students develop a love for this subject!

And if you need hard facts to assuage your worries, here's a little on my academic background:
- Singapore Chinese Girls' School, O Levels [L1R5 6 points]: English + English Literature A1
- Anglo-Chinese School (Independent), International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma [43 points]: HL English Literature Grade 7 (A+); Extended Essay in English (Grade A).
- Yale-NUS College, Liberal Arts Undergrad.

Kindly PM me if you have any inquiries (and more details on my hour rate/schedule/questions for specific lit texts). :)

sc_gal
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby CatMoon » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:35 pm

Hi Parents,

Help! I am looking for O'level Q&A essays for "Death of a Salesman" & "Lord of the Flies". My dd is taking her O' Lit this year. Any help is most appreciated!

Thanks so much!

CatMoon
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby nagmum » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:22 am

Hi,

As my son is taking his pure literature O level this year, anyone have good source of material to prepare this subject? Please PM me as I willing to buy. Thank you.

nagmum
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby fuqi » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:39 pm

Hi, can anyone recommend a guidebook for The boy in striped pyjamas? There are quite afew from the link shared here can someone share which one have you bought and is good. Thank you..

fuqi
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Rishisusee » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:21 am

Hi parents , I tried to get a book " the joy luck club" for my girl , but not available in popular , anyone knows where can I get this book urgently ?
Your advise is appreciated .

Rishisusee
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby kitty2 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:25 am

Rishisusee wrote:Hi parents , I tried to get a book " the joy luck club" for my girl , but not available in popular , anyone knows where can I get this book urgently ?

You may want to call kinokuniya to check it out?

kitty2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ilovelaksa » Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:27 am

Rishisusee wrote:Hi parents , I tried to get a book " the joy luck club" for my girl , but not available in popular , anyone knows where can I get this book urgently ?

Hi, you can try the 2nd book stores in Bras Basah. They sell brand new lit text and guides too. I got my children's lit text brand-new there. They also stock lit guides that are hard to find and out of print there. Prices are good too

ilovelaksa
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby dggown » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:14 pm

Try this site, it has free comprehension passages like this one:

http://ministryofgrammar.com/2016/04/03/master-and-man/

http://www.facebook.com/ministryofgrammar

dggown
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

PreviousNext