Secondary School CCA

PSLE marks the graduation of Primary school students and their entry into Secondary schools as teenagers. Discuss all issues about Secondary schooling here.
phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:223

Re: Secondary School CCA

Post by phtthp » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:03 am

Last edited by phtthp on Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sky minecrafter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:26

Post by sky minecrafter » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:31 am

phtthp, there is a LEAPS 2.0 document (from MOE, can be googled) which should help explain clearly. It seems easier to accumulate points from UG as compared to say Sports.

Sorry, didn't manage to embed it here...

Imp75
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:32

Post by Imp75 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:35 am

Is there any significance to LEAPs 2.0 or CCA points for IP students? I thought it was not relevant so I never pay any attention to it

MerlionInGermany
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:19

Post by MerlionInGermany » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:55 pm

Regarding the question about changing cca, if I am not mistaken, in Leaps 2.0, a student in the SAME cca for 4 years gets a higher Participation band than one who is in a cca for 4 years. Regardless of UGs or sports or clubs. Like if you are in Art Club for 4 years, you get a higher band than your classmate who was in Scouts for 1 year and then NPCC for 3 years.

Regarding accumulating points, I actually think it is easier to get a higher Achievement band through performing arts. But I guess easy or hard depends...

If I am not mistaken, all CCA participation is recorded in the computer system in MOE. And teachers key in info into this MOE system that is closed at the end of the student’s sec sch education. So if you were to transfer school , the info stays. So while Leaps 2.0 may not be directly applicable to IP, I would imagine that the data is being collected/ input into the same MOE system.