CIP Hour

PSLE marks the graduation of Primary school students and their entry into Secondary schools as teenagers. Discuss all issues about Secondary schooling here.

CIP points

Postby A better tomorrow » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:31 pm

As we all know , cip points are important in secondary school .
100hours =5 points . but , what if there is not enough points ?
I am starting this thread to ask from experienced parents where and how to get a good amount of cip points from outside. ( sometimes schools can't be trusted) :smile: thank you !! :lovesite:

A better tomorrow
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re: CIP points

Postby Dreamgear » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:33 pm

A better tomorrow wrote:As we all know , cip points are important in secondary school .
100hours =5 points . but , what if there is not enough points ?
I am starting this thread to ask from experienced parents where and how to get a good amount of cip points from outside. ( sometimes schools can't be trusted) :smile: thank you !! :lovesite:

Go to your community centre. Sometimes they have courses with CIP points, like 1st Aid, fire fighting etc

Dreamgear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby A better tomorrow » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:57 pm

Thank you ! Are there other ways to get cip points other than going to the community centre ? because the school dd is in seems to be a little slack in giving the pupils enough cip hours . ( less than an hour this year) so I really hope to be able to let her have at least a B to minus a point or 2 in the o levels ( she is not in a really active cca too )

A better tomorrow
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Augmum » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:18 pm

A better tomorrow wrote:Thank you ! Are there other ways to get cip points other than going to the community centre ? because the school dd is in seems to be a little slack in giving the pupils enough cip hours . ( less than an hour this year) so I really hope to be able to let her have at least a B to minus a point or 2 in the o levels ( she is not in a really active cca too )

Less than 1 hr this yr ? So little ??
i thot there is some min hrs that one needs to fulfill for each yr ?
My gal's sch has no lack of CIP hrs becos there are alot of activities to choose fr esp during sch holidays...

Suggest u check with yr gal's sch first before doing outside CIP hrs...
Which are the organisiations that the sch acknowledges for CIP hrs....as some schs do have some restrictions...

Augmum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Dreamgear » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:35 pm

A better tomorrow wrote:Thank you ! Are there other ways to get cip points other than going to the community centre ? because the school dd is in seems to be a little slack in giving the pupils enough cip hours . ( less than an hour this year) so I really hope to be able to let her have at least a B to minus a point or 2 in the o levels ( she is not in a really active cca too )

The school should have a CCA in-charge. Maybe can consult him. He is supposed to help the students towards the bonus points

Dreamgear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

CIP Hour

Postby its888me » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:20 am

May I know how to get the CIP hour? How to make sure school recognized it if it's done outside the school?

Is there any relationship between the CIP hour and the CCA?

How does CIP help towards calculation of L1R5?

Heard that CIP points would need to be completed by end Sec 3. Is that true?

Thanks.
Last edited by its888me on Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

its888me
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: CIP Hour

Postby slmkhoo » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:51 am

If so, you should check the specific rules in your school as I believe that different schools implement the scheme a bit differently and may have different requirements for CIP hours not arranged by the school. I can't help you with the other questions; someone else may be able to help?

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby its888me » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:47 pm

I didn't know that the requirement for CIP hour implementation is school-specific. Mine only clocked 10 hours so far :-(

its888me
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Pen88n » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:21 pm

CIP stands for Community Involvement Programme. Your school may arrange for some of these activities for the students to participate in. Otherwise, you can source for external ones to volunteer your services - it can be charity organisation or others. How you submit your volunteering hours you need to check with your school. Usually most schools require that you have organisation verification in the form of a letter or form stating the date, time, hours or even events you have volunteered for services at the organisation. Best is to check with your school on the submission.

Pen88n
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby slmkhoo » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:11 am

its888me wrote:I didn't know that the requirement for CIP hour implementation is school-specific. Mine only clocked 10 hours so far :-(

I think the minimum requirement is the same across the board - 6 hrs per year, or 24 hrs over 4 yrs. But when the student takes part in activities not arranged through the school, he needs to fill a form and get it signed etc, and those requirements will vary from school to school. And some schools may be stricter about what is recognised.

The new system that applies to this year's sec 1 students:
http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/seconda ... /leaps.pdf

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Secondary Schools - Academic Support