LEARNConcierge

Lower Secondary Science

PSLE marks the graduation of Primary school students and their entry into Secondary schools as teenagers. Discuss all issues about Secondary schooling here.

Re: Secondary School Science

Postby Estéema » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:55 pm

Dr.Daniel wrote:
shurley197323 wrote:Hi, I am looking for a Science Dictionary. Anyone know where to buy or seem it before ? I could not find it at Popular. Thanks

This post got me looking because I want to get a dictionary like this also. I found that Oxford has one. The link is below. I have a copy of the regular Oxford English Dictionary in my classroom and always encourage the students to look up a word if they don't know it. I'm going to get the science one myself also and check it out.

Here's the link to Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Dictionary-Science-Oxford-Paperback-Reference/dp/019956146X/ref=dp_ob_title_bk

And I also found it at Kinokuniya:

http://www.kinokuniya.com/sg/index.php/fbs003?common_param=9780199561469

Dr Daniel, not sure you're still contactable. I cld not pm you & don't know why. Like to seek advice for latest syllabus & learning materials. Pls contact me if you can - gogetter54@gmail.com

Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Lower Secondary Science

Postby Dr.Daniel » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:39 am

Hi, Yes I am still around. I sent you a note by email. I am making a lot of resources available online now.

Dr.Daniel
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Estéema » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:49 pm

Dr.Daniel wrote:Hi, Yes I am still around. I sent you a note by email. I am making a lot of resources available online now.

Thank you Dr Daniel. Blessed to hv you around. Our kids can learn so much fr you. Hv a great weekend!

Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby lynbaby » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:59 am

Dr.Daniel wrote:Hi, Yes I am still around. I sent you a note by email. I am making a lot of resources available online now.

Hi Dr Daniel
I will like to seek your advice for latest syllabus & learning materials.

lynbaby
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Lower Secondary Science

Postby Schootopia » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:41 am

As we have lower Secondary Science students from a number of different secondary schools, we observe that a given topic is covered to different extent in different schools. For example, the topic light is usually covered in Year 2. Allow me to divide it into 4 main sections - reflection, refraction, lenses and prism/diffraction. Cedars may cover all sections, but Nan Chiau leaves out lenses; Tampines Sec only introduces the basics, and Anglican selectively pulls out some concepts. There are all these differences despite the syllabus guide from SEAB.

Those looking at/for past year papers, revision papers, school notes, learning materials, whatever, need to be aware of these differences.

Schootopia
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby phtthp » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:19 am

Hi schooltopia,

Appreciated your good, helpful feedback for Physics, from above schools, to alert us.

How about Chemistry and Biology ?
Similar behavior treated for above schools, or from other sec schools ?

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby janet88 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:07 am

different schools teach different topics...just like in primary school. so it is hard to find past year exam papers as practice. it's a mixture of chemistry, physics and biology topics. i have about 5 assessment titles just for science because some assessment titles don't cover 'photosynthesis & respiration' by itself for eg. with class/common tests held frequently, she needs to practise working on handling open ended questions.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ksraja69 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:55 am

Option A. 3A

Answer for voltes5’s question on August 31

ksraja69
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby angel » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:35 pm

Hello.

I could not PM you too. Can you email me at edandchest@yahoo.com.

Thank you very much.

angel
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby angel » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:49 pm

Hi Dr Daniel,

Can you email me at edandchest@yahoo.com?

Thank you very much.

angel
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

PreviousNext

Return to Secondary Schools - Academic Support

LEARNConcierge