Lower Secondary Science

PSLE marks the graduation of Primary school students and their entry into Secondary schools as teenagers. Discuss all issues about Secondary schooling here.
Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:54

Re: Secondary School Science

Post by Estéema » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:55 pm

Dr.Daniel wrote:
shurley197323 wrote:Hi, I am looking for a Science Dictionary. Anyone know where to buy or seem it before ? I could not find it at Popular. Thanks
This post got me looking because I want to get a dictionary like this also. I found that Oxford has one. The link is below. I have a copy of the regular Oxford English Dictionary in my classroom and always encourage the students to look up a word if they don't know it. I'm going to get the science one myself also and check it out.

Here's the link to Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Dictionary-Scienc ... b_title_bk

And I also found it at Kinokuniya:

http://www.kinokuniya.com/sg/index.php/ ... 0199561469

Dr Daniel, not sure you're still contactable. I cld not pm you & don't know why. Like to seek advice for latest syllabus & learning materials. Pls contact me if you can - gogetter54@gmail.com

Dr.Daniel
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:2

Re: Lower Secondary Science

Post by Dr.Daniel » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:39 am

Hi, Yes I am still around. I sent you a note by email. I am making a lot of resources available online now.

Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:54

Post by Estéema » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:49 pm

Dr.Daniel wrote:Hi, Yes I am still around. I sent you a note by email. I am making a lot of resources available online now.

Thank you Dr Daniel. Blessed to hv you around. Our kids can learn so much fr you. Hv a great weekend!

lynbaby
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by lynbaby » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:59 am

Dr.Daniel wrote:Hi, Yes I am still around. I sent you a note by email. I am making a lot of resources available online now.
Hi Dr Daniel
I will like to seek your advice for latest syllabus & learning materials.

Schootopia
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:8

Lower Secondary Science

Post by Schootopia » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:41 am

As we have lower Secondary Science students from a number of different secondary schools, we observe that a given topic is covered to different extent in different schools. For example, the topic light is usually covered in Year 2. Allow me to divide it into 4 main sections - reflection, refraction, lenses and prism/diffraction. Cedars may cover all sections, but Nan Chiau leaves out lenses; Tampines Sec only introduces the basics, and Anglican selectively pulls out some concepts. There are all these differences despite the syllabus guide from SEAB.

Those looking at/for past year papers, revision papers, school notes, learning materials, whatever, need to be aware of these differences.

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:205

Post by phtthp » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:19 am

Hi schooltopia,

Appreciated your good, helpful feedback for Physics, from above schools, to alert us.

How about Chemistry and Biology ?
Similar behavior treated for above schools, or from other sec schools ?

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:136

Post by janet88 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:07 am

different schools teach different topics...just like in primary school. so it is hard to find past year exam papers as practice. it's a mixture of chemistry, physics and biology topics. i have about 5 assessment titles just for science because some assessment titles don't cover 'photosynthesis & respiration' by itself for eg. with class/common tests held frequently, she needs to practise working on handling open ended questions.

ksraja69
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by ksraja69 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:55 am

Option A. 3A

Answer for voltes5’s question on August 31

angel
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by angel » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:35 pm

Hello.

I could not PM you too. Can you email me at edandchest@yahoo.com.

Thank you very much.

angel
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by angel » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:49 pm

Hi Dr Daniel,

Can you email me at edandchest@yahoo.com?

Thank you very much.