O-Level Biology

PSLE marks the graduation of Primary school students and their entry into Secondary schools as teenagers. Discuss all issues about Secondary schooling here.

Re: O-Level Biology

Postby questionable_i » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:32 pm

Can anyone help me with this question?

Suggest and provide one reason why a sucrose molecules may be transported to a fruit but not the root?

questionable_i
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Newtandcucumber » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:53 pm

questionable_i wrote:Can anyone help me with this question?

Suggest and provide one reason why a sucrose molecules may be transported to a fruit but not the root?

Hi Kitty

I think you need to consider translocation, and the following flow chart from a SAP O Level Biology Revision Notes book may help:

Newtandcucumber
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby savoury » Wed May 10, 2017 12:36 pm

Hi , does anyone has answers for 2016 pre Lim O level Biology for Chung Cheng High (Yishun) dated 25/8/2016 for both Paper 1 and 2?

Bought the past years questions , found out missing answer for Chung Cheng High (Yishun). Appreciate if someone can upload it here or pm me ? Thanks in advance.

savoury
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby deardear07 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:58 am

Hi, Can someone, anyone share why few schools provide option for Sci Bio course? I mean, I get that it is to support the MOE STEM program to generate more engineers... but any other reasons?

Sec 2 to 3 streaming into Triple sci is toughest to get in... the rest of the subjects combination only allow for double sci which is physics and chemistry..

and where to get good notes on Bio from Sec1-4? Are there even tuition sessions for these?

deardear07
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Matthias Ng » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:14 pm

deardear07 wrote:Hi, Can someone, anyone share why few schools provide option for Sci Bio course? I mean, I get that it is to support the MOE STEM program to generate more engineers... but any other reasons?

Sec 2 to 3 streaming into Triple sci is toughest to get in... the rest of the subjects combination only allow for double sci which is physics and chemistry..

and where to get good notes on Bio from Sec1-4? Are there even tuition sessions for these?

As compared to Chem/Phy, students don't do as well for Biology from Sec 3 onwards.

While Biology seems really fun in secondary school, it is a totally different ball game from Sec 3 onwards. Tons of materials to remember and you don't score any points if you don't catch the key words. It gets worse in JC when we talk about DNA and genomics.

I would usually advise students to be clear of their strengths/weakness when choosing their combination in Sec 2. Liking the subject and doing well is two different thing. You will grow to hate the subject if you consistently do badly.

And last but not least, the fact is that there are lots of life science graduates who had difficulties advancing their career in related areas.

Matthias Ng
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Previous

Return to Secondary Schools - Academic Support