Physics or Biology tougher in JC

PSLE marks the graduation of Primary school students and their entry into Secondary schools as teenagers. Discuss all issues about Secondary schooling here.

Physics or Biology tougher in JC

Postby kyp71 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:26 pm

Physics or Bio is tougher in JC ? I heard Bio a lot of memorising is that so ? DD is keen to take double science and 2 humanities but not sure whether to choose Physics or Bio ? Kindly advise. Thanks !

kyp71
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Physics or Biology tougher in JC

Postby zeemimi » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:29 pm

It depends on your dd's aptitude and interest.
zeemimi
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Augmum » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:31 pm

kyp71 wrote:Physics or Bio is tougher in JC ? I heard Bio a lot of memorising is that so ? DD is keen to take double science and 2 humanities but not sure whether to choose Physics or Bio ? Kindly advise. Thanks !

Hi, i had started a thread some time ago regarding to take Physics or Bio for A level....
U can gather some info from there...

http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... 40&t=56188

Hope it helps....

Augmum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby wonderm » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:43 pm

kyp71 wrote:Physics or Bio is tougher in JC ? I heard Bio a lot of memorising is that so ? DD is keen to take double science and 2 humanities but not sure whether to choose Physics or Bio ? Kindly advise. Thanks !

Is she not taking Maths? If she wants to take 2 humanities, then Maths and Chemistry are good choices for the remaining 2 subjects.

wonderm
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby wonderm » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:43 pm

Is she not taking Maths? If she wants to take 2 humanities, then Maths and Chemistry are good choices for the remaining 2 subjects.

wonderm
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby zeemimi » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:10 pm

wonderm wrote:

Maybe math at H1? But with such a combi, actually not very useful.
zeemimi
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jtoh » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:59 pm

If your dd is taking double science and double humanities, wouldn't Math already take up one of the science subjects, leaving her with just one science subject, which in most cases is Chemistry?

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby wonderm » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:12 pm

zeemimi wrote:
wonderm wrote:

Maybe math at H1? But with such a combi, actually not very useful.

If already taking 4 H2 subjects, dun think can still take maths at H1.

wonderm
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Secondary Schools - Academic Support