Dropping 'O' level subjects

PSLE marks the graduation of Primary school students and their entry into Secondary schools as teenagers. Discuss all issues about Secondary schooling here.

Postby pashu » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:50 pm

Ds plans to drop two combined humanities subjects for 'O' levels. Can anyone advise if producing an MC would be acceptable and will the results slip show a dash or "U"? And how would this affect him in the future? Is it a good strategy to channel one's effort towards subjects that they are more confident in? I am against the idea but he stands very firm by his decision. Appreciate if someone could share. Thank you.

pashu
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby pashu » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:09 pm

Ds plans to drop two combined humanities subjects for 'O' levels. Can anyone advise if producing an MC would be acceptable and will the results slip show a dash or "U"? And how would this affect him in the future? Is it a good strategy to channel one's effort towards subjects that they are more confident in? I am against the idea but he stands very firm by his decision. Appreciate if someone could share. Thank you.

pashu
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby pashu » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:10 pm

pashu
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Dropping 'O' level subjects

Postby floppy » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:30 pm

pashu wrote:Ds plans to drop two combined humanities subjects for 'O' levels. Can anyone advise if producing an MC would be acceptable and will the results slip show a dash or "U"? And how would this affect him in the future? Is it a good strategy to channel one's effort towards subjects that they are more confident in? I am against the idea but he stands very firm by his decision. Appreciate if someone could share. Thank you.

MC not required. Just don't turn up and it will be ungraded.

Assuming that the 'dropped' subjects is not going to affect his subsequent entry to JC/Poly, i.e. not a core requirement for his intended course of study, it doesn't matter in the short or long run.

Your kid is just playing it smart. It's better to score 6 A1 than 10 A2.

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Secondary Schools - Academic Support