O-Level Additional Math

PSLE marks the graduation of Primary school students and their entry into Secondary schools as teenagers. Discuss all issues about Secondary schooling here.
EconsPhDTutor
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:1

Re: O-Level Additional Math

Post by EconsPhDTutor » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:55 am

linden2000 wrote: Thank you!
Understand it now. Should line 1 be 2n instead of 2n^2?
Hello linden2000,

Yes you are right. I am sorry, that was my mistake. I have corrected it. Please see the same PDF link again where my mistake is now corrected.

KSP2013777
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by KSP2013777 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:54 pm

Can somebody please help me on this question. It says to differentiate it. I used quotient rule but become so confused. I tried many times but still cannot get the answer.

Thank you.

jieheng
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:3

Post by jieheng » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:22 am

KSP2013777 wrote:Can somebody please help me on this question. It says to differentiate it. I used quotient rule but become so confused. I tried many times but still cannot get the answer.

Thank you.

KSP2013777
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by KSP2013777 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:42 am

Thank you jieheng.
My answer is same like yours. But book ans key is 3/(3x-2) + 1/(4-x).
Maybe ans key is wrong?

jieheng
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by jieheng » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:25 pm

KSP2013777 wrote:Thank you jieheng.
My answer is same like yours. But book ans key is 3/(3x-2) + 1/(4-x).
Maybe ans key is wrong?
Answer key is also correct as 3/(3x-2) + 1/(4-x) = 10 /[(3x-2)(4-x)]

sr129
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by sr129 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:01 pm

Can someone help me with these questions? Image

jieheng
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by jieheng » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:56 pm

sr129 wrote:Can someone help me with these questions? Image

questionable_i
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by questionable_i » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:18 pm

Can anyone help me with these questions?

1. The straight line 3y=6-2x meets the curve (2x+1)^2+6(y-2)^2-49=0 at the points P and Q. Find the point P and Q and leave your answer in surd form.

2. α and β are roots of the equation x^2+2x=h. The quadratic equation 8x^2-6x+k=0 har roots of (1-α)/α and (1-β)/β. Find the values of h and k.

3.Find the range of values of k for which the expression 2(k-3)x-25-x^2 is always negative for all real values of x.

I need it ASAP. :thankyou:

kennethTutor
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by kennethTutor » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:46 pm

questionable_i wrote:Can anyone help me with these questions?

1. The straight line 3y=6-2x meets the curve (2x+1)^2+6(y-2)^2-49=0 at the points P and Q. Find the point P and Q and leave your answer in surd form.

2. α and β are roots of the equation x^2+2x=h. The quadratic equation 8x^2-6x+k=0 har roots of (1-α)/α and (1-β)/β. Find the values of h and k.

3.Find the range of values of k for which the expression 2(k-3)x-25-x^2 is always negative for all real values of x.

I need it ASAP. :thankyou:
For Q1, basically we solve simultaneous equations by using Substitution method. I did not get any surds for my answer, so you might want to check the question again.

Solution: http://imgur.com/OIhjQ0W

For Q2, we find the Sum of Roots (SOR) and Product of Roots (POR) for both equations. We use the SOR and POR to find the values of the unknowns h and k.

Solution P1: http://imgur.com/zkog0A5
Solution P2: http://imgur.com/L552BGx

For Q3, we use discriminant b^2 - 4ac < 0, as the curve is always negative. This means that the curve does not cut the x-axis, therefore there are no real roots.

Solution: http://imgur.com/sbKZD3A

jazzie76
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by jazzie76 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:53 pm

My son just finish his o levels last year and he got A1 for e math and A2 for a math, very happy with the results. He went for tuition at apt tuition lab around upper serangoon area under this tutor named gabriel. Before that in sec 3 and start of sec 4, we tried a few different group tuitions and private tuition but my son was very picky and always said he don't like. It was only until april of last year when we started with apt tuition and my son like it alot. When we started, his marks were around b4 for e math and for a math either fail or just pass.

My husband and I are very happy with the big improvement. This year my younger son is in sec 1 and we enrolled him to the same center. So far so good although it is a different teacher. My elder son is in AJC now and if he cannot cope I also plan to send him to the center.