Recommendations for O Levels sci guides -

PSLE marks the graduation of Primary school students and their entry into Secondary schools as teenagers. Discuss all issues about Secondary schooling here.

Recommendations for O Levels sci guides -

Postby Love4learning » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:24 pm

Hi all,

I would appreciate any recommendations on good challenging topical assessment books and guides on O levels Physics, Chemistry and Bio. Thanks !!!

Love4learning
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Recommendations for O Levels sci guides -

Postby Bookshop » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:57 am

The more popular ones are from:
1) Smashing Exams
2) GLM
3) Pearson

Bookshop
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby geylang » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:26 am

1001 Physics MCQ for O level (Pearson). Good range of questions with level of difficulties. Detailed solutions provided.

geylang
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby bright-culture » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:51 pm

Love4learning wrote:Hi all,

I would appreciate any recommendations on good challenging topical assessment books and guides on O levels Physics, Chemistry and Bio. Thanks !!!

Hi Love4Learning, the Chemistry TOPICAL(Not yearly!) TYS is a good assessment book for O Levels Chemistry. In all my years of teaching Chemistry, I've found that the questions inside are a fairly accurate representation of what will come out for the O Levels. They also test you less commonly tested knowledge so you won't trip up in the exam when asked for more obscure pieces of knowledge.

Help your child during exams with these FREE E-Books! "7 Biggest Mistakes Students Make in Chemistry!"

http://www.bright-culture.com

"7 Secrets to ACE Exams!" https://www.bright-physics.com.sg

bright-culture
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby LOL123kiasu » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:12 pm

For GLM, some parts is not required by syllabus(full/half wave rectification), the questions are irrelevant(in my opinion,no hate) with regards to olvls and it is too wordy to serve as a quick guide. However, those extra information do help in the understanding of certain concepts.(for example,translation and transcription)

LOL123kiasu
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Return to Secondary Schools - Academic Support