2016 O levels (Kids born in 2000)

PSLE marks the graduation of Primary school students and their entry into Secondary schools as teenagers. Discuss all issues about Secondary schooling here.
Post Reply
janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 40583
Joined: Tue Oct 20,
Total Likes:136

Re: 2016 O levels (Kids born in 2000)

Post by janet88 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:24 pm

poly starts in 3 weeks for most kids. it's going to be hectic.

Kee Kor
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu Jul 10,

Re: 2016 O levels (Kids born in 2000)

Post by Kee Kor » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:35 pm

Yes DS is now looking forward to a new start in the poly.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 40583
Joined: Tue Oct 20,
Total Likes:136

Re: 2016 O levels (Kids born in 2000)

Post by janet88 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:20 pm

Kee Kor wrote:Yes DS is now looking forward to a new start in the poly.
mine is looking forward to school next monday...lessons start from 8am till 4pm on mondays, wednesdays and fridays.

TheAnswer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 17891
Joined: Thu Dec 06,
Total Likes:30

Re: 2016 O levels (Kids born in 2000)

Post by TheAnswer » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:24 pm

janet88 wrote:
Kee Kor wrote:Yes DS is now looking forward to a new start in the poly.
mine is looking forward to school next monday...lessons start from 8am till 4pm on mondays, wednesdays and fridays.
Tuesday and Thursdays off?

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 40583
Joined: Tue Oct 20,
Total Likes:136

Re: 2016 O levels (Kids born in 2000)

Post by janet88 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:35 pm

TheAnswer wrote:
janet88 wrote:
Kee Kor wrote:Yes DS is now looking forward to a new start in the poly.
mine is looking forward to school next monday...lessons start from 8am till 4pm on mondays, wednesdays and fridays.
Tuesday and Thursdays off?
tuesdays and thursdays a bit lax.


janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 40583
Joined: Tue Oct 20,
Total Likes:136

Re: 2016 O levels (Kids born in 2000)

Post by janet88 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:59 am

Poly term officially commences 2moro. He is looking forward to starting school. There are some lecture notes uploaded...so he read up during the past few days. Other than the 2 weeks in MI, he has been having a good holiday. I'm shocked that he will have exams in end May...that's so soon :yikes:

Kee Kor
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu Jul 10,

Re: 2016 O levels (Kids born in 2000)

Post by Kee Kor » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:53 pm

My DS is having orientation camp week. His sch terms starts next monday

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 40583
Joined: Tue Oct 20,
Total Likes:136

Re: 2016 O levels (Kids born in 2000)

Post by janet88 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:53 am

Kee Kor wrote:My DS is having orientation camp week. His sch terms starts next monday
mine here has his first taste of lecture and practical yesterday.
a lecturer gave an overview and it was too cheam. hubby was in hot demand when he came home last night...son cornered him before his dinner and bath.

Coolkidsrock2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 2204
Joined: Thu Oct 20,
Total Likes:12

Re: 2016 O levels (Kids born in 2000)

Post by Coolkidsrock2 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:15 am

Are they allowed to change CCA at the end of each year?

DD is doing a foreign language and if there is time conflict in the subsequent years, the priority will be the foreign language.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 40583
Joined: Tue Oct 20,
Total Likes:136

Re: 2016 O levels (Kids born in 2000)

Post by janet88 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:15 am

Coolkidsrock2 wrote:Are they allowed to change CCA at the end of each year?

DD is doing a foreign language and if there is time conflict in the subsequent years, the priority will be the foreign language.
son just joined bowling as his 'PE'. it will be held for 10 weeks.
CCA is a different thing in the poly. i reminded him that the 1st year poly is crucial to build up GPA points, so don't get too busy with CCAs. he was so tired after school yesterday...facing the laptop for a long period during class.

Post Reply