2016 O levels (Kids born in 2000)

PSLE marks the graduation of Primary school students and their entry into Secondary schools as teenagers. Discuss all issues about Secondary schooling here.
Coolkidsrock2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:12

Re: 2016 O levels (Kids born in 2000)

Post by Coolkidsrock2 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:13 pm

Rewarded as in will get some form of notification? What about being offered the DiplomaPlus program?

kitty2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:2

Post by kitty2 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:36 pm

Coolkidsrock2 wrote:Rewarded as in will get some form of notification? What about being offered the DiplomaPlus program?
Yes, will be notified to receive the award. For the prog, everyone can apply

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:136

Post by janet88 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:09 pm

Coolkidsrock2 wrote:Rewarded as in will get some form of notification? What about being offered the DiplomaPlus program?
there is a diploma plus program offered...however i advised son to concentrate on his full time course and work harder to get a higher GPA instead. subjects will be tougher and more time will be required for semester 2 as there are projects. my next goal for him is to be in the dean's list.

Coolkidsrock2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by Coolkidsrock2 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:48 am

kitty2 wrote:
Thank you.

kitty2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:2

Post by kitty2 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:51 am

Coolkidsrock2 wrote:
kitty2 wrote:
Thank you.

Welcome! Best Wishes to your kid. I understand that those students from Banking and Finance always have perfect score in their GPA. :)

Coolkidsrock2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by Coolkidsrock2 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:54 am

janet88 wrote:
there is a diploma plus program offered...however i advised son to concentrate on his full time course and work harder to get a higher GPA instead. subjects will be tougher and more time will be required for semester 2 as there are projects. my next goal for him is to be in the dean's list.
I advised DD to take it up as she seems to have the extra time and it is always good to learn more now that they are at or near the prime of their learning ability. It is also an opportunity for them to get to know more people and network with students from other faculties.

Kee Kor
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by Kee Kor » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:52 am

What's difference between CCAs and getting CIP hours or participating in school events? Which is more important ?

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:136

Post by janet88 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:12 am

Kee Kor wrote:What's difference between CCAs and getting CIP hours or participating in school events? Which is more important ?
CCA and CIP is to make the student's porfolio more colourful...doing CIP is to get points, the more the merrier and to enhance the chances of getting into local U on top of getting high GPA.

Kee Kor
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by Kee Kor » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:35 pm

janet88 wrote:
Kee Kor wrote:What's difference between CCAs and getting CIP hours or participating in school events? Which is more important ?
CCA and CIP is to make the student's porfolio more colourful...doing CIP is to get points, the more the merrier and to enhance the chances of getting into local U on top of getting high GPA.
So CIP would be more important than CCAs?

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor
Total Likes:69

Post by schweppes » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:55 pm

Coolkidsrock2 wrote: I advised DD to take it up as she seems to have the extra time and it is always good to learn more now that they are at or near the prime of their learning ability. It is also an opportunity for them to get to know more people and network with students from other faculties.
Good to see you encouraging your dd to take up Diploma Plus especially if the school invited her to apply. It will be challenging as the courses are pitched at an advanced level. Still, if your dd is keen, good to encourage her if she is up for the challenge.