LEARNConcierge

Secondary 1 Normal Tech

PSLE marks the graduation of Primary school students and their entry into Secondary schools as teenagers. Discuss all issues about Secondary schooling here.

Re: Secondary 1 Normal Tech

Postby masteryourmath » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:14 pm

Hello,

If the FB group is still active, I will be more than happy to offer some tips and guidance to the students there. I am currently a NUS undergraduate and have tutored several NA or NT students in the past, hope to pass some tips along to them! :)

masteryourmath
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby swortionery » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:20 am

Ted_educator wrote:I train N(T) teachers and undergraduates currently and also used to be a N(T) teacher. A wonderful bunch in my experience where only a certain small percentage of teachers are deemed fit to teach.

The true cream of the crop teaching force are able to teach and love N(T) students while the rest hide behind Express classes (cos its easy classroom management and they naturally yield results)

I salute these teachers for have a heart for our N(T) kids.

You can read a commentary on N(T) math here or email me for sample school exam papers for your child.

I'll email you the resources for free in hopes to see your child succeed.

Do message me and i'll reply you asap!

Sorry to dig up an old post, but I know exactly what you mean ;)

I don't teach NT kids in mainstream schools -- I teach in a private setting, in smaller group sizes -- but while I don't practice favouritism, some of my fondest teaching memories are those with NT kids, simply by virtue of how they have different perspectives towards the world around them.

yaokel wrote:Ya.. my gal is in NT this year and she regret for not working hard and would like to try her best in Sec 1NT to move to NA.. have been trying to look for assessment book but can only find few for eng and math. Unable to find Chinese and science for NT. Anyone can share where to get or how to help her revise and practice? I'm also curious to know if any tuition centre offer tuition service for NT

You don't really need an assessment book for NT English since the format is fairly straightforward -- functional writing for Paper 1, and practical tasks for Paper 2. In my experience, once they get the following right, they should ace their English:
- Punctuation, grammar and spelling -- because you are automatically one step above everyone else, regardless of stream, if your grammar and punctuation are perfect
- Sentence synthesis -- converting a short sentence to a longer one, i.e. multiple clauses, with the correct prepositions and connectives, makes a big difference to readability
- Motivation, conscientiousness -- how badly the student wants to score, to be bothered with the checking of his/her work properly

IMO NT kids work best with the right mentors. I've had quite a few NT kids under me over the years, and some of them are really going places <3

swortionery
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby shafeene01 » Tue May 02, 2017 4:46 pm

Hi im new here.. my daughter is in sec 2 normal technical. Difficult in finding test paper online. Anyone has any link can help to share.. thank you..

shafeene01
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby ThinkEnglish » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:26 pm

shafeene01 wrote:Hi im new here.. my daughter is in sec 2 normal technical. Difficult in finding test paper online. Anyone has any link can help to share.. thank you..

Maybe you can consider getting some of the existing NT assessment resources at the bookshops. They have practice test papers for most of the 2NT subjects.

ThinkEnglish
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby NicNat_Mummy » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:19 pm

yaokel wrote:Ya i did found few for eng and math. But sad to say cant find NT for chinese and science

Hi, My ds will be starting NT next year. Looking around popular near my place I couldn't find any NT assessment book. Would you share with me which branch you went to ? any recommendation on the books you had went through.

Nicnat_mummy

NicNat_Mummy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby windie » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:11 pm

NicNat_Mummy wrote:
yaokel wrote:Ya i did found few for eng and math. But sad to say cant find NT for chinese and science

Hi, My ds will be starting NT next year. Looking around popular near my place I couldn't find any NT assessment book. Would you share with me which branch you went to ? any recommendation on the books you had went through.

Nicnat_mummy

For assessment books, do try Popular @ Bishan, Junction 8 branch. They have NT books for EL and Maths.

For exam papers, you can order them from http://kiasuexampaper.com/product/2016- ... am-papers/

I've yet to find any for Chinese and Science, if anyone has materials that you would be willing to share, i'd be most grateful :thankyou:

windie
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

1 people like this post

Postby NicNat_Mummy » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:18 pm

Hi all,

I am looking to buy CPA past year paper, notes or workbook. Do let me know you have any for sales or can help me to get it from your ds/dd school.

Thank you

NicNat_Mummy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Previous

Return to Secondary Schools - Academic Support

LEARNConcierge