Looking for maths tuition teacher (2017 Sec1)

Use this forum if you are looking for individual services (eg. Part-time maid, tutors, plumber) KiasuParents.com takes no responsibility for any transactions that take place here.
Last post expiry: 21 days

Looking for maths tuition teacher (2017 Sec1)

Postby nms1 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:44 pm

My daughter is convinced that she will need maths tuition once she goes into Secondary school so I want to start looking now although we won't be able to confirm until we know her school schedule. She scored a B in PSLE which was the best she could have expected.

She wants a female teacher, 1-2-1 or small group, able to come to us in Serangoon Gardens or location should be close to Serangoon or along NE line as she will be going to St Josephs Convent.

nms1
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Re: Looking for maths tuition teacher (2017 Sec1)

Postby zbear » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:58 pm

nms1 wrote:My daughter is convinced that she will need maths tuition once she goes into Secondary school so I want to start looking now although we won't be able to confirm until we know her school schedule. She scored a B in PSLE which was the best she could have expected.

She wants a female teacher, 1-2-1 or small group, able to come to us in Serangoon Gardens or location should be close to Serangoon or along NE line as she will be going to St Josephs Convent.

Don't know if you are aware but Sec School Maths is so much easier than PSLE Maths.

Why not wait until she starts Maths lessons before deciding on tuition?

zbear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby nms1 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:23 pm

zbear wrote:
nms1 wrote:My daughter is convinced that she will need maths tuition once she goes into Secondary school so I want to start looking now although we won't be able to confirm until we know her school schedule. She scored a B in PSLE which was the best she could have expected.

Don't know if you are aware but Sec School Maths is so much easier than PSLE Maths.

I am trying to stall as I am hoping that she may be able to go without any extra help at least for Sec 1 - or even part of it - so that she can have time to enjoy the new subjects she will be studying. However, I thought I would see what the options are so that we can find someone as and when we need them.

nms1
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby janet88 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:59 am

hi nms1,
it might be a good idea to have a headstart during the dec holiday so that the child is prepared for what lies ahead since results are released.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby bestwishes » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:29 am

nms1 wrote:
zbear wrote:

I am trying to stall as I am hoping that she may be able to go without any extra help at least for Sec 1 - or even part of it - so that she can have time to enjoy the new subjects she will be studying. However, I thought I would see what the options are so that we can find someone as and when we need them.

For her case, the book called Understanding Math by GLM should be helpful. There are 2 sets of similar qns for each practice, the 2nd set can be used to reinforce or as a diagnostics test.

But recently, I don't see this book (have Book B for sec 2 but no Book A for sec 1) in the bookstores...

bestwishes
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby CatMoon » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:26 pm

Just PM you.

CatMoon
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:32 pm

I have moved the post to this section as it is more relevant.

Personally, I feel that tuition is like a crutch. The more we depend on it, the less able we will be able to walk by ourselves.
It is way too early at this point to determine if your child needs help. Maybe do a training needs analysis after the tests in term 1 in February? Then you know with more certainty which subject needs additional help.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby Mr. Patrick Li » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:11 am

We are located near to Ang Mo Kio MRT (3 mins walk). Our students have fared well in their 2016 examinations. One of our Sec 2 Normal Academic student (St Margaret Secondary) has been promoted to take Sec 3 'O' level (Express) Mathematics. Another one of our sec 1 student (Zhong hua Secondary) has been promoted from Normal Academic stream to Express stream. Do consider us if your child needs help. :)

If you need more information, please visit our website at http://www.jqeducation.com or http://www.facebook.com/jqeducation. Thanks! :)

Mr. Patrick Li
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Return to Looking For...