Any Highly recommended English tutor for secondary 3

PSLE marks the graduation of Primary school students and their entry into Secondary schools as teenagers. Discuss all issues about Secondary schooling here.

Any Highly recommended English tutor for secondary 3

Postby Joanne13 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:17 am

Hi All,

Desperately need some help for my boy english who score only C5 for his secondary 2 exam. Any good introduction or word of mouth for English tutor?
English is a very important subject and we desperately need help. Not much time to try out too so hope to have some parent reply knowing any good tutor and able to see improve results for his/her kids. I really need one for my boy who going to Sec 3 next year.

Tution agency in charge or tutor yourself in charge no need to reply as prefer word of mouth from parents instead. Thank you ALL.

Joanne13
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Any Highly recommended English tutor for secondary 3

Postby Schootopia » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:56 am

English is a language, a soft skill.

Analogy: It is not easy for one to pick up French or Thai within a few months if you learn the languages through some courses in Singapore. However, you improve dramatically if you are resident and forced to communicate in those countries.

If the child is not picking up the finer points of grammar, or writing and comprehension methodology, an experienced tutor may help. If the child is not putting in effort, or not reading actively and widely, there is a limit to how much 1-2hr of tuition per week can help...

https://home-tuition.sg

Schootopia
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby TWU » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:35 pm

Joanne13,

I have sent PM to you.

TWU
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Cherryblue » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:26 am

Hi,I'm a current sch teacher teaching chinese &higher Chinese. O level marker &oral examiner. if ur kids need help,plz be free to contact me @96671870

Cherryblue
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Joanne13 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:25 am

Thank you all for your advise and thank you and appreciate TWU for sharing your experience. WIll give them a try... Any other better teacher out there base on parent experience know that it is good and helps? Please advise. Appreciate lots.

Joanne13
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby kitty2 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:22 pm

My friend is still looking for private tuition for her o level son. Any kind parent can recommend one for her? They are in AMK,thanks

kitty2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Secondary Schools - Academic Support