After O levels: JC or Poly?

PSLE marks the graduation of Primary school students and their entry into Secondary schools as teenagers. Discuss all issues about Secondary schooling here.

Re: After O levels: JC or Poly?

Postby lego » Mon May 15, 2017 4:40 pm

Thank you for sharing, slmkhoo and schweppes.

lego
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby janet88 » Tue May 16, 2017 2:23 am

slmkhoo wrote:Yes, Linguistics is part of HSS. We don't expect her to get excellent grades or a "good" job. If she can get a degree (of any class), we'll be happy. We never expected her to get into a university at this stage and were thinking of it as a remote possibility after a diploma and working experience, so it's better than we expected.

It's indeed a pleasant surprise to be able to enter NTU. From RP, she leapt into NTU to do a degree.:rahrah: it's ok if she is is slow. Whether she does it in 4 or 5 years doesn't matter.
The important thing is to be happy.

My son just spent 1 month in SP. it's hectic and requires lots of discipline to want to do well. But he is happy with his course. I am happy for him. When in doubt, he will approach his lecturers.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby slmkhoo » Tue May 16, 2017 7:20 am

janet88 wrote:It's indeed a pleasant surprise to be able to enter NTU. From RP, she leapt into NTU to do a degree.:rahrah: it's ok if she is is slow. Whether she does it in 4 or 5 years doesn't matter.

"leapt" isn't the word I would choose! Maybe "clambered"... Anyway, RP was just a little side excursion between MI and NTU. I just hope she doesn't find university life too challenging.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby janet88 » Tue May 16, 2017 8:14 am

slmkhoo wrote:
janet88 wrote:It's indeed a pleasant surprise to be able to enter NTU. From RP, she leapt into NTU to do a degree.:rahrah: it's ok if she is is slow. Whether she does it in 4 or 5 years doesn't matter.

"leapt" isn't the word I would choose! Maybe "clambered"... Anyway, RP was just a little side excursion between MI and NTU. I just hope she doesn't find university life too challenging.

it might be tough in the beginning but she will manage.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ftwm » Mon May 29, 2017 8:47 am

Childrenisablessing wrote:
janet88 wrote:My kids cannot go to JC...languages will kill them. Besides, these 2 are the hands on type. My son is enjoying his EEE course. That's most important. As long as he is enjoying the course, he will want to do well.

i am also thinking of encouraging her to go poly but she doesnt know what she wants to do yet... she only aims to go JC at the moment. so now i am in a dilemma how to advise her.

Ya too many choice to decide in poly..DD doesnt know her interest yet. So she doesnt rule out jc.

ftwm
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Previous

Return to Secondary Schools - Academic Support