Looking for Home Tuition for Sec 3 Bio & Chem

PSLE marks the graduation of Primary school students and their entry into Secondary schools as teenagers. Discuss all issues about Secondary schooling here.

Looking for Home Tuition for Sec 3 Bio & Chem

Postby Sel69 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:27 pm

Hi there, I am looking for home tuition for my daughter. She's in Sec 3 and doing pure Bio and pure Chem. We are staying in the east (Bedok Reservoir Road / Bedok North Road).

Any recommendations?

Thank you :smile:

Sel69
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Looking for Home Tuition for Sec 3 Bio & Chem

Postby Moomin study » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:25 pm

Hi my child is tutored under this male ex-school teacher, he is contactable at 84108812.

Moomin study
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby raspberrybunny63 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:07 am

Hihi, I am also desperately looking for a good Pure Physics and Pure Chem teacher for my daughter sitting for "O" level this year. Happened to see your recommendation of this male ex-school teacher. May I check if this male ex-school teacher you mentioned is able to tutor "o" level pure Physics and Chem? or do you have anyone you know who is good in both Pure Phyiscs and Pure Chem. I truthly believe in by word of mouth recommendation. Thanks alot for your help.

raspberrybunny63
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby rrjan » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:41 pm

Hi, I'm also desparately searching for a Pure Physics and Pure Chemistry tutor for my child who is currently in Sec 3. We are residing in Bt Panjang? Anyone has any good contacts to share.Thanks for sharing.

Sincere thanks,
Jan

rrjan
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Moomin study » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:57 pm

Hi he is contactable at 94226326. my child's good teacher.

Moomin study
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby raspberrybunny63 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:34 am

Hi Jen,
THanks for your contact. Really appreciate it! :thankyou:

jen_low wrote:
raspberrybunny63 wrote:Hihi, I am also desperately looking for a good Pure Physics and Pure Chem teacher for my daughter sitting for "O" level this year. Happened to see your recommendation of this male ex-school teacher. May I check if this male ex-school teacher you mentioned is able to tutor "o" level pure Physics and Chem? or do you have anyone you know who is good in both Pure Phyiscs and Pure Chem. I truthly believe in by word of mouth recommendation. Thanks alot for your help.

My children are currently taking math classes with Mr Zhou at Nicklebee tutors (http://www.nicklebeetutors.com). Perhaps you can try joining the science/chemistry group classes conducted by his colleague Ms Chen who is an ex-JC chemistry teacher. They have branches in Bishan and Punggol.

raspberrybunny63
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby raspberrybunny63 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:39 am

Thank you so much for the contact. Will contact him. :thankyou:

Moomin study wrote:Hi he is contactable at 94226326. my child's good teacher.

raspberrybunny63
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby msyw » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:28 pm

Maths and Science Tuition by Experienced Full Time Tutor

I have been a full time tutor since 2008, and have thoroughly enjoyed teaching Maths and Science for the past 9 years.

Concepts are explained in simple terms, focus on common exam questions, new trends and commonly made mistakes

I coach lower secondary maths and science, N and O level Chemistry, Chemistry/Physics, A Math and E Math

2016 O LEVELS
75% Distinctions in Amaths, EMaths and Chemistry
100% B3 and better

2016 EOY Exams
90% ≥ B3
Sec 2 Maths and Science: C6 to High A1 in one term
Sec 3 Chemistry: F9 to B4 in one term

“Thank you for teaching me Chemistry for the past half a year. You teach in a way that is simple and easy to understand. You made difficult concepts seem easy. Somehow you knew that I know how to answer the question but I do not know how to phrase my answers and as a result, you drilled me a lot on this which therefore led to me finally passing Chem this year. So I feel grateful and thankful towards you for being so accurate in finding out my weakness, correcting it and making me like studying Chem again. Without you, I don't think I would be able to find the O level paper easy. May you continue to impact students and make them love Chem!”
' Miss Tan has tutored me in Combined Science (Chemistry) and E Maths for my O Level Exams. She has an excellent teaching style that is easy to pick up on and for me to adapt to. I have had no problems understanding her teaching. She shows how to properly do a task or work through problems and from there, she helps me master the task or solution problem. I have since been able to independently solve fairly challenging questions for both Chemistry and E Maths. This is thanks to using her demonstrated methods. With her calm and friendly demeanour, I am unafraid to ask for help when I do not understand something.
One of her best teaching methods is that she can easily summarise a complicated chapter into a flowchart or table, making it easier for me to retain in my memory and to recall during the examinations. I also appreciated her patience with me when she was tutoring me in E Maths. It gave me more confidence in trying out the questions as she did not "crowd" me for a correct answer.
So thank you Miss Tan :)'
“Highly committed teacher
Effective teaching methods and principles
Friendly yet firm towards student.
Makes effort to complete make up lessons
Frequent mini-tests keep student on toes”
"... always so patient, kind and understanding! I always enjoyed having tuition with you (I dont enjoy other tuition cause they are boring"
"... my concepts are getting stronger due to your help!"
Pedagogies and Strategies
Learning strategies to overcome fear in Maths and Science
Revision of frequently asked past year questions in school and national exams
Clarifying misconceptions in science topics, strategies in answering science structured questions.
Follow closely to MOE syllabus
Able to explain key concepts via systematic process
Spot trends in school’s papers
Have had experience teaching dyslexic students and they go on to achieve distinctions in school and national examinations.

Tuition held at 327 Serangoon Ave 3
1-1 or Group sessions
Materials: Assessment + Tutor's own
Customised intensive revision lessons are available upon request.

Please visit http://msywtutor.blogspot.sg/ for more information.
Kindly whatsapp Miss Tan @ 82952915 or email achemtutor86@gmail.com directly to enquire further.

LIMITED SLOTS LEFT!

msyw
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby raspberrybunny63 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:05 pm

Hi Moomin,
Thanks for the tutor's contact you have provided. Have realized that you will very kind enough to provide two tutor's contact, one is a male ex-school teacher, he is contactable at 84108812 and another one is also your child's good teacher contact no 94226326. May I please ask for your kind recommendation on the two tutors. I would like to engage him to coach my girl pure chemistry and pure biology for her "O"level this year. Thanks a million for your kind response. :?: :thankyou:

Moomin study wrote:Hi he is contactable at 94226326. my child's good teacher.

raspberrybunny63
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby janet88 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:29 am

i can recommend you my son's tutor for pure biology...but he can also coach other science subjects.
9667 5237 Mr Chew.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Secondary Schools - Academic Support