Any recommended female maths/science tutor in North East

PSLE marks the graduation of Primary school students and their entry into Secondary schools as teenagers. Discuss all issues about Secondary schooling here.

Any recommended female maths/science tutor in North East

Postby nms1 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:08 pm

I'm starting the search for a tuition teacher for my daughter for maths and possibly physics/chem - if it can be the same person, even better. We live in Serangoon and her school is in Sengkang but can consider as far as AMK or Toa Payoh. Must be female - her request, not mine :-)

She needs to be the patient type who is able to handle someone who just doesn't "get" maths - and isn't really interested either. A tutor focussed on grades is not what we are looking for.

nms1
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Re: Any recommended female maths/science tutor in North East

Postby Moomin study » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:44 am

my gal learnt from a male teacher, and he is very good in maths n science. it is a pity that your gal prefers a gal. let me try to find one.

Moomin study
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby janet88 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:11 pm

nms1 wrote:She needs to be the patient type who is able to handle someone who just doesn't "get" maths - and isn't really interested either. A tutor focussed on grades is not what we are looking for.

i've PM-ed you.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby happyheart » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:20 pm

janet88 wrote:
nms1 wrote:She needs to be the patient type who is able to handle someone who just doesn't "get" maths - and isn't really interested either. A tutor focussed on grades is not what we are looking for.

i've PM-ed you.

Janet, can you pm me the contact as well? my sis in law is looking for female Maths tutor only. Thank you :)

happyheart
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Lam » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:32 pm

I am also looking for a maths and science tutor for my boy in secondary 1. Either male or female is ok with us. We are staying at Bishan. If you have anyone good to recommend, can you kindly pm me. Thank you

Lam
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby jen_low » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:13 am

nms1 wrote:I'm starting the search for a tuition teacher for my daughter for maths and possibly physics/chem - if it can be the same person, even better. We live in Serangoon and her school is in Sengkang but can consider as far as AMK or Toa Payoh. Must be female - her request, not mine :-)

She needs to be the patient type who is able to handle someone who just doesn't "get" maths - and isn't really interested either. A tutor focussed on grades is not what we are looking for.

My children are currently taking math classes with Mr Zhou at Nicklebee tutors (http://www.nicklebeetutors.com). You can try joining the science/chemistry group classes conducted by his colleague Ms Chen who is an ex-JC chemistry teacher. They have branches in Bishan and Punggol.

jen_low
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Lam » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:40 am

janet88 wrote:

i've PM-ed you.

Hi Janet, wonder if you could also pm me the contact. I am also looking for a maths tutor for my boy. Thanks

Lam
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Lam » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:42 am

Moomin study wrote:my gal learnt from a male teacher, and he is very good in maths n science. it is a pity that your gal prefers a gal. let me try to find one.

Hi Moomin, can you kindly pm me the contact of the tutor. I am also looking for one for my boy. Thanks

Lam
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby tanwq93 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:46 pm

If anyone here is looking for extra academic help for your child, pls contact me (Wanqian) @ 96274878. I am a tuition coordinator and I am sincere in helping you find a tutor that suits your child's needs (:
:thankyou:

All the best! :smile:

Wanqian, Trust Tuition

tanwq93
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby msyw » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:29 pm

Maths and Science Tuition by Experienced Full Time Tutor

I have been a full time tutor since 2008, and have thoroughly enjoyed teaching Maths and Science for the past 9 years.

Concepts are explained in simple terms, focus on common exam questions, new trends and commonly made mistakes

I coach lower secondary maths and science, N and O level Chemistry, Chemistry/Physics, A Math and E Math

2016 O LEVELS
75% Distinctions in Amaths, EMaths and Chemistry
100% B3 and better

2016 EOY Exams
90% ≥ B3
Sec 2 Maths and Science: C6 to High A1 in one term
Sec 3 Chemistry: F9 to B4 in one term

“Thank you for teaching me Chemistry for the past half a year. You teach in a way that is simple and easy to understand. You made difficult concepts seem easy. Somehow you knew that I know how to answer the question but I do not know how to phrase my answers and as a result, you drilled me a lot on this which therefore led to me finally passing Chem this year. So I feel grateful and thankful towards you for being so accurate in finding out my weakness, correcting it and making me like studying Chem again. Without you, I don't think I would be able to find the O level paper easy. May you continue to impact students and make them love Chem!”
' Miss Tan has tutored me in Combined Science (Chemistry) and E Maths for my O Level Exams. She has an excellent teaching style that is easy to pick up on and for me to adapt to. I have had no problems understanding her teaching. She shows how to properly do a task or work through problems and from there, she helps me master the task or solution problem. I have since been able to independently solve fairly challenging questions for both Chemistry and E Maths. This is thanks to using her demonstrated methods. With her calm and friendly demeanour, I am unafraid to ask for help when I do not understand something.
One of her best teaching methods is that she can easily summarise a complicated chapter into a flowchart or table, making it easier for me to retain in my memory and to recall during the examinations. I also appreciated her patience with me when she was tutoring me in E Maths. It gave me more confidence in trying out the questions as she did not "crowd" me for a correct answer.
So thank you Miss Tan :)'
“Highly committed teacher
Effective teaching methods and principles
Friendly yet firm towards student.
Makes effort to complete make up lessons
Frequent mini-tests keep student on toes”
"... always so patient, kind and understanding! I always enjoyed having tuition with you (I dont enjoy other tuition cause they are boring"
"... my concepts are getting stronger due to your help!"
Pedagogies and Strategies
Learning strategies to overcome fear in Maths and Science
Revision of frequently asked past year questions in school and national exams
Clarifying misconceptions in science topics, strategies in answering science structured questions.
Follow closely to MOE syllabus
Able to explain key concepts via systematic process
Spot trends in school’s papers
Have had experience teaching dyslexic students and they go on to achieve distinctions in school and national examinations.

Tuition held at 327 Serangoon Ave 3
1-1 or Group sessions
Materials: Assessment + Tutor's own
Customised intensive revision lessons are available upon request.

Please visit http://msywtutor.blogspot.sg/ for more information.
Kindly whatsapp Miss Tan @ 82952915 or email achemtutor86@gmail.com directly to enquire further.

LIMITED SLOTS LEFT!

msyw
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Next

Return to Secondary Schools - Academic Support