Secondary School Chinese

PSLE marks the graduation of Primary school students and their entry into Secondary schools as teenagers. Discuss all issues about Secondary schooling here.

Do you read newspapers & watch news in chinese?

Of course! Must set a good example to the kids.
69%
No way José! They're way too cheem for me.
31%

Total votes : 118

Re: Secondary School Chinese

Postby MyBaby » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:44 am

Hi, may I know how many times can a child re-take the following papers?

O level HCL - is it only one sitting, at Sec 4 for IP/Express stream students?
H1 CL - 3 sittings (JC1 End of Year, JC2, mid year and JC2 - end of year)?

Also, any comments on the difficulty level and examination demands for O Level HCL vs H1 CL? I have compared the syllabi for both and it seems that H1 CL is less demanding (For example, for Composition, HCL requires writing on two topics while H1 CL only one topic).

Thanks in advance for any sharing.

MyBaby
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Estéema » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:14 pm

kctan wrote:Hi all. Understand from many parents and students that the changes to the format of the chinese oral exam have been a bit confusing. If you want to check out the new oral video formats, you can click on chinese oral videos. They have samples for tamil and malay oral videos as well.

Thanks and hope it helps.

This link doesn't work anymore?

Estéema
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby gar12gar » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:50 pm

:?: My ds is in Sec 1 taking HCL but he been getting 30+ marks so far. Any one got tuition centre to recommends? He is weak in comprehension.

Any comments on Stalford Learning Centre's HCL classes? Are they good?

Or shd I go for 1to1 tuition?

gar12gar
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby gar12gar » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:50 pm

:?: My ds is in Sec 1 taking HCL but he been getting 30+ marks so far. Any one got tuition centre to recommends? He is weak in comprehension.

gar12gar
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby yoga_lim » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:46 pm

gar12gar wrote::?: My ds is in Sec 1 taking HCL but he been getting 30+ marks so far. Any one got tuition centre to recommends? He is weak in comprehension.

I sent my children (P5 & S3) to Han Language Centre (Simei Branch) @ Eastpoint Mall. currently their result improved a lots since they join the class. My children's teacher is a male teacher (Chen laoshi?) and they told me he is very funtasitc when giving lesson in class. I am recommend him because his teaching method and how he is able to coach weaker students to help them achieve good results. Good improvement! :rahrah:

yoga_lim
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby kitty2 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:54 am

gar12gar wrote::?: My ds is in Sec 1 taking HCL but he been getting 30+ marks so far. Any one got tuition centre to recommends? He is weak in comprehension.

I have PM you ,let me know if your are keen

kitty2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Endless learning » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:20 pm

30+ marks is not really good for a Sec 1 student . I think your son is not weak in comprehension but foundation knowledge and vocabulary. I'm an ex-MOE Chinese teacher(SAP school). If you need any help you can call me 98568826. By the way , it's not an ad.(I don't have time to teach)

Endless learning
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby itan » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:12 am

MyBaby wrote:Hi, may I know how many times can a child re-take the following papers?

O level HCL - is it only one sitting, at Sec 4 for IP/Express stream students?
H1 CL - 3 sittings (JC1 End of Year, JC2, mid year and JC2 - end of year)?

Also, any comments on the difficulty level and examination demands for O Level HCL vs H1 CL? I have compared the syllabi for both and it seems that H1 CL is less demanding (For example, for Composition, HCL requires writing on two topics while H1 CL only one topic).

Thanks in advance for any sharing.

I have the same question! Especially on the difficulty level and examination demands for O Level HCL vs A Level H1 CL? Any advice? Thanks!

itan
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby ongstarling » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:19 am

Can anyone advise whether it is advisable for kid in P6 standard Chinese to try for HCL IN SEC1? Is the learning curve very steep? There will be a placement test in jan18.

ongstarling
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Buddhist » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:01 am

Music_lover wrote:Hi parents,

I am a Year 4 student from RGS who chanced across this thread, and would hence like to recommend my Chinese tutor whom I had been under for the past 5 years. She is very patient and I really like her teaching style, because she will cater her lessons in accordance to the students requirements.

She conduct lessons both in small groups of maximum 6..........................

How could you have "chanced across this thread" when you registered with KS Parents in NOv 2014 and posted the above 2 years later in 2016?

I would urge all tutors not to advertise their services here by pretending to be someone else that they aren't.

Buddhist
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

PreviousNext

Return to Secondary Schools - Academic Support