IB - Tuition/Enrichment Class/Assessment Bks/Past Yr Papers

PSLE marks the graduation of Primary school students and their entry into Secondary schools as teenagers. Discuss all issues about Secondary schooling here.

IB - Tuition/Enrichment Class/Assessment Bks/Past Yr Papers

Postby raisintan » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:36 am

Dear parents,

Am very new to IB, appreciate any advice here. How did u get external help/ resources to support your kids doing IB? I mean, what are the tuition/ enrichment centers available? Are there also assessment books/ past year papers available in the market for extra practice?

raisintan
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: IB - Tuition/Enrichment Class/Assessment Bks/Past Yr Pap

Postby masteryourmath » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:02 pm

I don't teach IB math myself right now but I've seen the syllabus. A disclaimer that I'm only offering advice for Math since that's the only subject I've taken a look at. I will say that the syllabus appears to be (normal O Level track syllabus) + (some basic JC topics). So my advice is that should there be a lack of IB specific tuition, find a tutor who came from the JC track and is competent at H2 Math. I think that should suffice.

masteryourmath
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: IB - Tuition/Enrichment Class/Assessment Bks/Past Yr Pap

Postby Schootopia » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:09 pm

I don't know which school or subject you are refering to. From our IB students, what we see is that in terms of syllabus, there are some similarities with the local pri/sec. One IB school uses one of the commercially available assessment book for optional exercises. For another school, for a particular subject, do have a textbook recommended, but it's not one u can easily find in local bookstore.

Schootopia
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Secondary Schools - Academic Support