2018-IP year 1 (Born in 2005)

PSLE marks the graduation of Primary school students and their entry into Secondary schools as teenagers. Discuss all issues about Secondary schooling here.
yap_susan
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:1

Re: 2018-IP year 1 (Born in 2005)

Post by yap_susan » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:43 pm

Japanese

MaryDaisu
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by MaryDaisu » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:21 pm

Got it.. thanks for sharing!

scotia
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by scotia » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:30 pm

MaryDaisu wrote:May I understand the reason behind your choice of German?

DD is keen in French, but seems like German has more 'economic' value.

is it a must to put 3 options?
Hi MaryDaisu, my girl is interested in Japanese...thou i tried to "influence" her decisions towards German or Spanish but unsuccessful, so let her be :lol: :lol: end of the day is more important to have an interested in it, if not very high chance that she might drop it halfway thru. :sweat:

Btw, heard from my friend that studying in German university is free!! I dunno how truth lah! It's good to find out more info, for those looking at overseas education in future right :smile:

MaryDaisu
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by MaryDaisu » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:12 pm

If studying in German University is free, it is definitely a plus point that we should consider!
Will find out more..

yap_susan
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by yap_susan » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:08 pm

Any idea how IP curriculum is like? Any similiarity to secondary subjects?

scotia
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by scotia » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:09 pm

yap_susan wrote:Any idea how IP curriculum is like? Any similiarity to secondary subjects?
I tot the subjects are more or less the same as O level, just a few additional programmes and the way that it's being taught and at a much faster pace. Am I right or wrong?? :?

lee_yl
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:118

Post by lee_yl » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:04 pm

I have this SCGS IP Year 3 neighbour who often walks past my place as late as 8.30pm in the evening. I wonder is their schedule really that hectic. We opted out of 3rd language but we will hold on to HMT. Not sure if she needs to stay back for HMT after school (like what she did during P5/P6, or would it be part of the regular school hours :scratchhead: ).

I have checked the CCA DD1 wants to join, she would have to stay back twice a week and CCA would end at around 6.15pm, which would clash with her current violin class. :faint:

Trying to juggle looking after a soon-to-be Sec 1 and a younger one taking PSLE in 10 months time is stressful/challenging!

bestwishes
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by bestwishes » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:19 pm

scotia wrote:
yap_susan wrote:Any idea how IP curriculum is like? Any similiarity to secondary subjects?
I tot the subjects are more or less the same as O level, just a few additional programmes and the way that it's being taught and at a much faster pace. Am I right or wrong?? :?
yes, at a faster pace and not just O level syllabus, some topics cover wider or deeper scopes

lee_yl
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:118

Post by lee_yl » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:26 pm

bestwishes wrote:
scotia wrote:
yes, at a faster pace and not just O level syllabus, some topics cover wider or deeper scopes
Hi bestwishes,

Can you recommend us some guide/assessment books for Sec 1 IP? Thanks.

scotia
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by scotia » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:04 pm

lee_yl wrote:I have this SCGS IP Year 3 neighbour who often walks past my place as late as 8.30pm in the evening. I wonder is their schedule really that hectic. We opted out of 3rd language but we will hold on to HMT. Not sure if she needs to stay back for HMT after school (like what she did during P5/P6, or would it be part of the regular school hours :scratchhead: ).

I have checked the CCA DD1 wants to join, she would have to stay back twice a week and CCA would end at around 6.15pm, which would clash with her current violin class. :faint:

Trying to juggle looking after a soon-to-be Sec 1 and a younger one taking PSLE in 10 months time is stressful/challenging!
For my DD pri school, HMTL was taught during curriculum time, P6 can go home everyday at 1.30pm :cool:
What surprised me was last wk during open house(Cedar), i was told that all Cedarian(those learning Chinese) will be taking Higher Chinese regardless of whether they took HMTL in pri school!! So no need to select on 22nd Dec, registration day.