Do you fetch your secondary schooling child?

PSLE marks the graduation of Primary school students and their entry into Secondary schools as teenagers. Discuss all issues about Secondary schooling here.

Do you fetch your secondary schooling child?

Postby vlim » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:45 am

Just wonder how many of the kiasu parents here fetch their secondary schooling kid especially daughter, home personnally. My brother insisted his dd to be fetch home by his wife so as to prevent other boy from 'tackling' his dd or their dd from going out with boys... I would like to have kiasu parents comments about this issue... :roll:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Do you fetch your secondary schooling child?

Postby stressy » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:51 am

vlim wrote:Just wonder how many of the kiasu parents here fetch their secondary schooling kid especially daughter, home personnally. My brother insisted his dd to be fetch home by his wife so as to prevent other boy from 'tackling' his dd or their dd from going out with boys... I would like to have kiasu parents comments about this issue... :roll:

I have been doing that since my gal in sec 1 now in jc1. she prefer me to do that so she can reach hm earlier to finish her sch work than time consuming on bus journey. Not bcos preventg her from mixg with friends.

stressy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby mathsparks » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:30 pm

I do it for both my kids, to save them precious minutes and to bond with them.

When my girl was in Sec, I fetch/send her both ways, though the school is in the neighbourhood; not convenient to take a bus. Now that she's in JC, I drop/pick her from the nearest MRT station, but in the last 2 weeks, I've even gone down to her school to pick her up.

When my boy was in Pri, I fetch/send both ways too. Can't bear to see him "braving the elements" to take the bus. I'm free anyway, so instead of lazying around at home, I do it willingly. Now that he's in Sec1, again, no choice but to do it, otherwise, he would've to spend almost an hour just getting to/fro school.

So, I'm kept very busy behind the wheels and have very little time to be here.

mathsparks
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mummyjoyce » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:58 pm

Of cos needs to fetch them as long as there is time. My hubby will try as much as possible to fetch my DD who is in Sec 1 this year. This saves her close to 45 min (if she takes bus) and also she can bond with dad.

I dont drive; if my hubby is on business trip I will will wait for my DD at the busstop and walk home together in the evening.

mummyjoyce
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby phankao » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:06 pm

vlim wrote:Just wonder how many of the kiasu parents here fetch their secondary schooling kid especially daughter, home personnally. My brother insisted his dd to be fetch home by his wife so as to prevent other boy from 'tackling' his dd or their dd from going out with boys... I would like to have kiasu parents comments about this issue... :roll:

Yes, I do fetch all my kids, no matter what age and what gender, and that includes the 13yo boy & 16yo girl. As long as I have time, I will fetch both ways. Only when their timing clash with mine, then I will occasionally ask them to come back by themselves. I like talking to them during the journey. Also it saves them time.

phankao
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Breeze » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:49 am

I fetch my kids, esp after tiring CCA (sports), they appreciate such nice 'treatment' Haha! Good bonding time thought most of the time they fell zzz in the car..

Breeze
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby keroppi » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:22 am

I send my kids to school everyday. I will pick them up (even the Sec school one) if they have CCA/supp or anyday they have to stay back in school ... saves commute time and I get to bond with them ... if timing is not right, they'll have to take public transport.

keroppi
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby verykiasu2010 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:21 pm

someone said it .... we are all street drivers, from 6.30am to 7pm, monday to saturday ....
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mrschan » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:01 pm

I do it too even though she can technically walk home. But it is still more comfortable and faster going home in my car. She loves the convenience.

mrschan
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Secondary Schools - Academic Support