[Alexandra/Bukit Merah/Queenstown/Tiong Bahru] Preschools

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.
Hanamipachinko
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: [Alexandra/Bukit Merah/Queenstown/Tiong Bahru] Preschool

Post by Hanamipachinko » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:29 am

Hi, any review of True way Kindergarten and Grace House @ tanglin road.
True way per term is $900
while Grace have extended program till 2:30 ,pm which cost $1950 per term

IvinLim
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: [Alexandra/Bukit Merah/Queenstown/Tiong Bahru] Preschool

Post by IvinLim » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:13 pm

I'd like to give my feedback about the mfs at Telok Blangah Heights. The infant care is quite good the teachers and good and care about the children and communicate often with the parents to give feedback. The feedback book is filled up every day with accurate information I'm confident that my child is well taken care of. But the toddler class I feel is not that great, so I'm thinking of looking elsewhere..

Was wondering if anyone has any feedback about Children's Cove behind Queenstown library? I searched in this forum but couldn't find anything .

jenny.laifs
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: [Alexandra/Bukit Merah/Queenstown/Tiong Bahru] Preschools

Post by jenny.laifs » Fri May 10, 2019 2:08 pm

Just want to share my experience and raise awareness to whoever considering to send their children to this school.

I enrolled my Daughter to this school 2 years ago and within this time span, I moved her to a total of 4 different outlets hoping that they may be better but I was so wrong.

To think that sending your children to a private preschool may bring you more value, learning and development for your child, think again for this school as my child was mostly playing all the time and could not even get her basics right. It gets worse.

The Montessori is just a gimmick to earn more money for the school. I am not sure if the teachers are even properly trained as I feel they are very unprofessional and clueless, wonder how are they even qualified to be Teachers in the first place?

I had even witnessed an incident where officers came down for certain checks, and a few classes were brought elsewhere out of the office to “hide”. Believe they could be unlicensed or had no carts. This was my last straw, to have a school doing such acts and shortchanging my child.

Isabelle and Danielle (owner and principal of the school) had always tried comforting me by saying that my child was in good hands, my foot. Just trying to make easy money is what both of them are good at. They are salespeople, the kinds you meet when engaging an ID or buying a secondhand car. All promises are made beforehand, and until you have made your purchase, that’s when your worst nightmare comes.

Conclusion, if you want to bring your children here, think twice. For the fees you are paying, I believe there are better schools out there. Even government schools are better in my opinion. Anyone has the same thoughts, feel the strong need to share this to everyone.

branson03
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by branson03 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:03 pm

Does any parents have any first hand experience with Maple Bear Alexandra (Alexis) or Pat's Schoolhouse Tanglin or MindChamps PreSchool @ Tanglin?? I am pondering which one to choose for my daughter N1.

Beatrix100
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Beatrix100 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:58 pm

branson03 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:03 pm
Does any parents have any first hand experience with Maple Bear Alexandra (Alexis) or Pat's Schoolhouse Tanglin or MindChamps PreSchool @ Tanglin?? I am pondering which one to choose for my daughter N1.
Hi,

I'm not sure about Maplebear Alexandra, my boy attends MapleBear Havelock in the Annexe building of Furama Riverfront hotel.

It's a big centre with big indoor playground, good & clean facilities, teachers are very caring & it's directly managed by Mrs Pat Koh. My boy's very happy there, he started when they opened 3 years ago. Balanced emphasis on academics & play. It's not too far away from the Alexandra centre, you may wish to call them for a school visit.

branson03
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by branson03 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:15 pm

Hi Beatrix100 Many thank for your feedback. Really appreciate it. I will make arrangement to go down maplebear havelock to take a look. Many thanks!

Singa86
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Singa86 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:26 pm

Hello, we are staying at Depot Rd and looking for an IFC from next year onwards. Any recent reviews on the following IFC? We are first time parents, so not too sure what exactly to look out for.
- Bloomberry
- Zion Babies (Depot Rd)
- Appleland Playhouse (Depot Rd)
- Cherie Hearts (Depot Rd or HBF)
- Rainbow Cove (ARC)

Thank you!

Fora_ann
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Fora_ann » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:02 pm

I am considering this new Superland preschool at Tiong Bahru CC for my child. since it is new, I couldn't find much review on it, does anyone have fresh experiences to share? Appreciate your inputs!

hb
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:3

Post by hb » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:24 pm

Does anyone have any feedback on the MFS at Jln Bt Merah? I'm thinking of putting my kid there. Thank you!

Rainbow17
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Rainbow17 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:47 pm

Hi can i know what school is this?

jenny.laifs wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 2:08 pm
Just want to share my experience and raise awareness to whoever considering to send their children to this school.

I enrolled my Daughter to this school 2 years ago and within this time span, I moved her to a total of 4 different outlets hoping that they may be better but I was so wrong.

To think that sending your children to a private preschool may bring you more value, learning and development for your child, think again for this school as my child was mostly playing all the time and could not even get her basics right. It gets worse.

The Montessori is just a gimmick to earn more money for the school. I am not sure if the teachers are even properly trained as I feel they are very unprofessional and clueless, wonder how are they even qualified to be Teachers in the first place?

I had even witnessed an incident where officers came down for certain checks, and a few classes were brought elsewhere out of the office to “hide”. Believe they could be unlicensed or had no carts. This was my last straw, to have a school doing such acts and shortchanging my child.

Isabelle and Danielle (owner and principal of the school) had always tried comforting me by saying that my child was in good hands, my foot. Just trying to make easy money is what both of them are good at. They are salespeople, the kinds you meet when engaging an ID or buying a secondhand car. All promises are made beforehand, and until you have made your purchase, that’s when your worst nightmare comes.

Conclusion, if you want to bring your children here, think twice. For the fees you are paying, I believe there are better schools out there. Even government schools are better in my opinion. Anyone has the same thoughts, feel the strong need to share this to everyone.