Cambridge CDC or Preschool by the park

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Cambridge CDC or Preschool by the park

Postby FTM08 » Sat May 22, 2010 11:16 pm

Hi
I'm considering sending my girl to either Cambridge CDC at Mei Hwan/AMK or Preschool by the park at Li Hwan. Does anyone have any comment on these 2 childcares? Many thanks. Appreciate your comments!

FTM08
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby surf » Tue May 25, 2010 6:04 pm

Hi FTM08

You been to visit the CC already? I been to both the centres you mentioned. Nice environment I must say.

I am also interested in By the Park at Carmichael, off Braddell Road actually. Any comments for mummies?

It's quite near to the branch at Li Hwan but as I stayed in TPY, Carmichael is nearer.

surf
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby FTM08 » Thu May 27, 2010 9:30 pm

hi surf

i've been to by the park at carmichael. the place seems very run down to me and its location is not convenient for me. otherwise i thought the supervisor was rather friendly.

i've also been to cdc. the place seems better maintained. however the supervisor was like so disinterested, and unethsiastic. i ask , she answer. and when she showed me around the place, she barely gave further elaboration, it was like "oh here is the toddler class, here is the nursery class"!

lastly, by the park at li hwan. based on the pics on internet, this place llooks the best. however, i actually called jus this week and last on 3 consecutive days and there was no answer!!! i wanted to find out some basic info like fees and als omake appioinment to visit. did u just drop by? or u called first? when did u visit?

i'd be grateful if you could share your thoughts on the curriculum, the teachers, the meals, etc.

i'm a First Time Mum FTM, hence quite muddleheaded abt how to choose an appropriate CC for my gal. tks!

FTM08
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby surf » Mon May 31, 2010 11:26 am

Hi FTM

Their curriculum is the same for by-the-park centres. I hv called to check. I went early this year with a fren who's looking for a CC then. I wld say the lady who attended to us at Li Hwan is ok, can't remember of she's the teacher or principal. But I wld say the environment is nice.
I recalled that their fee is slightly higher than Carmichael, may be due to the location.

Do you intend to let your girl take sch bus? Li Hwan has not bus transport arrangement i tink. Carmichael has.

surf
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby hohjm » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:22 pm

I am looking for uniform for Cambridge CDC. For both gal and boys. Please contact me at hohjm@yahoo.com.sg

hohjm
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care