Did I do the right thing? Change of infantcare.

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Did I do the right thing? Change of infantcare.

Postby andelia » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:12 am

My son is 6mth and has been in LV@RP since he was 4mth. We decided to change infantcare to one nearer to our plc, and costs cheaper. I wonder if i did the right thing as the infantcare teacher i spoke to, said it might affect the bb (ie bb might cry and cry).
LV is good, teachers attentive and all. But distance is a factor. Have to walk in from MRT stn everyday to pick bb up, then to another CC nearby to pick my other 2 boys. Taking bus home with 3 boys is no small feat either.
The CC we're changing for my bb is nearer to our home, so the bigger boys can take transport home. Furthermore, it is cheaper by $400. But the price comes with standard, I guess. This new CC is not as spacious/airy as LV's infant room. Curriculum also not Have yet to experience with the teachers.
I hope we made the right choice to move bb.. :`(

andelia
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby happydaddy » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:40 am

do not be con by them lah...

Infant only know how to eat and play what. The tactic is, on the first day in the centre, after breakfast, the teacher will bring them to the play room. Once they start playing with their friend, where got time to cry and think of mama. But if the place got no play room, it may take a while to warm up the kids.

LV Curriculum is ok only. But they have 'fantastic' management (not teacher) who is good in talking.

Turnover is equally high among centre at some places.

happydaddy
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby toddles » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:59 am

I think for infant care, the caregivers are crucial. whether the room is big or not is really secondary.

if the caregivers are loving, I think you would have made the right choice. big brand names doesn't come with a guarantee of caring people.

toddles
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby andelia » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:22 pm

Thanks toddles & happydaddy for the replies. Now i feel more assured of my decision to change infantcare. :)

andelia
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby happydaddy » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:50 pm

toddles wrote:I think for infant care, the caregivers are crucial. whether the room is big or not is really secondary.

if the caregivers are loving, I think you would have made the right choice. big brand names doesn't come with a guarantee of caring people.

not really, how many time you get to talk to the teacher alone? Before you can do it, the principal or the boss will hijack and check on yr concern.

How you define good? Normally, if the boss of the CC good in talking, you will assume the teacher is good, but in actual fact, what they did behind yr back, you do not know.

happydaddy
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby toddles » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:15 pm

i guess there is always a risk in infantcare when the child is so young.

but some things can be sensed intuitively. from observation, from gut feel. plus some cases of neglect are really blatant.

toddles
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby happydaddy » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:08 am

toddles wrote:i guess there is always a risk in infantcare when the child is so young.

but some things can be sensed intuitively. from observation, from gut feel. plus some cases of neglect are really blatant.

how many times yr gut feel tell you the right instinct. Even at home, no matter how careful you take care of yr kids, they will still hurt themselve some day.

happydaddy
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care