Any1 knows of any NON aircon childcare centres around BP

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Any1 knows of any NON aircon childcare centres around BP

Postby Arielbelle » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:52 pm

I am staying at BP, now searching for a cc for my son but as he has hyper reactive airways and allergic rhinitis, i want somewhere non airconditioned so the air is fresher and he wun be that prone to infection.

I have sourced out MMI Graceland but the teachers dun seem that good (sorry hope i dun offend anyone here), and he used to study SJCK but have withdrawn him when we changed school back then. These seems to be the only non airconditioned places I have found so far.

Any other recommendations pls? Dun have to be IN Bkt Panjang itself, around will do. Like CCK, Bkt Batok, Clementi. Or even around our work place like IMM or Little India area. thanks a lot!

Arielbelle
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Arielbelle » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:04 am

no one can help? :(

Cherrie Hearts and Children's Campus are non-airconditioned. Any comments/reviews on these 2 childcares pls? Thanks in advance.

Arielbelle
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby dimension » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:39 pm

well i know singapore polytechnic has a kinderland that is not air conditioned. heard its not too bad. HTH

dimension
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Any1 knows of any NON aircon childcare centres around BP

Postby tbsp » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:16 pm

Arielbelle wrote:I am staying at BP, now searching for a cc for my son but as he has hyper reactive airways and allergic rhinitis, i want somewhere non airconditioned so the air is fresher and he wun be that prone to infection.

I have sourced out MMI Graceland but the teachers dun seem that good (sorry hope i dun offend anyone here), and he used to study SJCK but have withdrawn him when we changed school back then. These seems to be the only non airconditioned places I have found so far.

Any other recommendations pls? Dun have to be IN Bkt Panjang itself, around will do. Like CCK, Bkt Batok, Clementi. Or even around our work place like IMM or Little India area. thanks a lot!

Hi Arielbelle,

I am staying at BP (Ring Road, Block 235) as well, there is a MyFirstSkool cc at my home downstair, i am not sure whether is it a non-aircon cc or not, but, it seems to me that every morning, when i passby the cc, i can see their windows are always open, maybe you can check with them. I am sorry that I cant comment about the cc, because i send my DS to the cc near my workplace, HTH!

tbsp
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Arielbelle » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:56 am

Thank you dimension, my friend sends her son there....but its kinda out of the way for us. :( thanks though for helping!

tbsp, hi hi thanks for that info. We have given up searching for that non-aircon preschool already....sigh. Have found a few but either high teacher-student ratio or bad location or something else. tough. in the end sending him back to his previous school where vacancy has just came up, whew. So where do you send your son to?

Arielbelle
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby tbsp » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:46 am

Hi Arielbelle,

I send my son to LSH@kent vale as both of us (hubby and me) are working in NUS, and we have off-peak car, so we reach NUS before 7am and have breakfast together at the office's pantry, then drop him off to cc.

tbsp
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Arielbelle » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:28 am

tbsp, thats a clever arrangement for you guys, what an early morning! heard LSH is rather a good school. mind me asking how old is ur boy? we staying so near, maybe can meet up. u have regular playgroup?

Arielbelle
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby luvmum » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:29 am

Hi,

I used to send my girl to Children's Campus when she was 2 yrs old. Stayed there for 2 years and withdrew her out when she started K1 on a pte Kindergarten. My comments may not be that current as that was like 4 yrs back (she's going P1 next yr, time flies) but during that time, I have no prob with that center and was pretty pleased with the way my kids was handled, albeit hiccups here and there which I think is usual anyway, can't be perfect right. But teacher's turnover wasn't tat bad tat time and she learnt a great deal. Except for her chinese teacher who changed every 3-6 mths, her N1 Eng teacher was with her throughout the entire year. Then N2 changed Eng teacher and due to some unpleasantness, her Eng teacher resigned after coaching her for 9 mths and her N1 Eng teacher was back to teach her for the remainder 3 mths of her N2 before we withdrew her.

Before leaving, she even joined in to the yearend performance...so pretty memorable for her. Though she has forgotten most of her fren, she rem she once stayed at Children's campus till now.

I'm pretty fussy over childcare centre as I'm putting my child under full day care so I dun really mind the cost so while doing my search that time, I dun really consider any others except for MMI at Ten Mile. But after a few unfriendly check subsequently and the long wait time, I'm lucky I din put her there (my own opinion).

The only thing I dislike most on Children Campus is the lousy tpt. After 1 mth of putting my girl as my initial tot was halfday care, the uncle has a dispute with the centre and refuse to pick my child. So no choice, we place her on full day care lor.

Hope this helps. :politebleah:

luvmum
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby tbsp » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:05 pm

Arielbelle wrote:tbsp, thats a clever arrangement for you guys, what an early morning! heard LSH is rather a good school. mind me asking how old is ur boy? we staying so near, maybe can meet up. u have regular playgroup?

Sure, lets find some time and I am very delighted to have more friends, so as my son. My boy is 4 plus, N2 right now. :D

tbsp
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Arielbelle » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:25 pm

tbsp, our boys are the same age, born in 2006! :) but mine not yet turn 4, hehehee.

Arielbelle
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Next

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care