Increase in CC fees wef next year. any feedback?

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Increase in CC fees wef next year. any feedback?

Postby mom2boys » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:22 am

Hi,

wonder anyone has started to experience your child's CC giving u notice that the fees will be increased. I wonder is it because of the increased in subsidy that government is giving us that these CCs are taking chance to increase their fees.

Mine Son CC's just gave the parent's notification (2mths notice) that their fees will increase by $60/mth. Is this justifiable? any comments? I would like to have some inputs from parents :)

mom2boys
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby J2mum » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:07 pm

How much are u paying now? When is the last increase of fee?

J2mum
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby mom2boys » Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:04 pm

current fees is $670 before subsidy. with the increase it will be $730/mth, plus enrichment speech and drama @$60 and transportation @ $55/mth that comes up to be $545 (after deducting the $300 government subsidy). if I have 1 kid, this price is manageable

but i intend to place my younger one next year when he reaches 18mth. that will be at least about 1K for the 2 boys per month..does it sound expensive? :shock:

mom2boys
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby mintcc » Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:19 pm

hianz, the overall expense for having children does seems very high but in terms of pricing, I would think that childcare is still considered mid range...

I suppose, may be you migh consider not having enrichment for the 2nd one first, or switching them to another more affordable childcare... The Child Development Account will probably comes in handy... but 6k will not even cover 1 year of childcare...

mintcc
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby mom2boys » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:13 pm

most prob won't be considering changing CC cos my elder son got problem adapting to new environment. The current CC, he already took almost 6mths to get used to it. :P

just thought of this issue and raised for comments. cos while chatting with one of my relative, another CC within the same vincinity (vegtarian only) cost only $330/mth. which means less of subsidy, need to pay only $30..that's a big difference :shock:

mom2boys
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby mintcc » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:58 pm

wow! $330/mth b4 subsidy is extremely cheap for a cc. I think there are not many cc in that price range in SG.

mintcc
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby J2mum » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:50 am

mom2boys,
which CC that cost $330/month?

My ger kindergarten cost $450 per term
Speech n Drama is $120 per term
Ballet class is $65 per term.

But I am changing her to CC cos the school is going to increase fee and going to CC is more worth it and she has more time to learn.

I could understand the heavy "load" when come to 2nd one. I also have a son that is starting N1 soon. After calculation, CC is much more worth it.

J2mum
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby luvmum » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:44 am

Looks like I'm the reverse,will be switching my child from CC to Kindergarten. Currently paid $550/mth to CC after $300 subsidy. Price revised in June and expecting another raise. My second child going to playgroup next yr, cannot imagine paying 2x, so need to cut cost for my 1st child. Kindy is per term so more affordable and the settings is closer to Primary school which is good for transiting her to P1.

I've no prob with the CC she is attending but just find too much time devoted for childcaring (bathing, eating, napping),wld want her to spend x at school with academic focus at her level next year. :lol:

luvmum
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby mom2boys » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:28 pm

hi hi...

appreciate the feedback so far :)

the CC that charge $330/mth is at Hougang. heard it's a vegetarian CC..which means they only serve vege food to kids. but seems quite popular..

hi luvmum,

The CC you mentioned quited ex huh..somemore increasing fees again..i can imagine your budget..so switching to kindy might be a good idea if you hv a good caregiver during the day.

For my kids, i would rather send them to CC and learn some skills and to be more independant instead of staying at home to be spoilt by the grandma and maid :wink:

mom2boys
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby luvmum » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:36 pm

Harlow mum2boys,

U are right, if no suitable caregiver, wld be better to place child full day at CC. My girl is on full day care for 2 years. I'm placing her at kindy partly oso becos I intend to quit next yr to coach her and spend more time with my kids too. :D

Her CC is Pat Schoolhse affiliate, charges is on the high side but so far happy with the school. Make good fren with the teachers there. But really too ex lah, if x2 lor. Now only paying for her not that 'siong'.

Agreed! When she is at Grandma hse, basically she just laze ard not doing anythin. :twisted:

luvmum
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Next

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care