Columbia Early Learning Centre

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Columbia Early Learning Centre

Postby happypoppy » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:22 am

Hi, I'm planning to enrol my boy in a playgroup once he turns 18 months and is in the midst of shortlisting several childcare centres in the Bukit Timah/ Jurong East vacinity, one of which is the Columbia Early Learning Centre at TT International Building.

Does anyone has any comments on this place with regards to the teachers (are they genuinely caring?, teacher-studen ratio?), curriculum (innovative? readiness of the programme in preparing the child for P1?), school management (how is the teacher turnover rate?) etc?

Thanks in advance!

happypoppy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Ann Tun » Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:54 am

Hi there

Have heard good reviews about it and that it provides a good headstart in terms of the academic aspects for transition into primary school. I know a parent who sends both her daughters there and one of them is in P1 this year. The parent mentioned that the preschool has covered most of the P1 syllabus by the time the children complete their K2 year.

I am not sure about the student teacher ratio, etc.

I guess its important to ask yourself what you would be looking out for in a preschool. Academic headstart? Or a good conducive and nurturing environment for your child?

Hope the above helps. All the best.

Ann Tun
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby happypoppy » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:54 am

Thanks for the feedback Ann!

I guess I'm looking for a childcare centre with a strong academic focus but in the context of a nurturing and conducive learning environment. haha.... don't know if I'm asking for too much but I hope to find one with the above criteria in the right mix.

Any other mummies willing to share feedback on Columbia?

happypoppy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Columbia

Postby Ann Tun » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:30 pm

No problems :).

All the very best.

ann

Ann Tun
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Libra_Leo » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:12 pm

Anyone have comment on this school? I am keen to put my girl in columbia.

Libra_Leo
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Columbia Academy

Postby Libra_Leo » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:29 pm

[Moderator's note: Topics merged.]

Any comment?

Libra_Leo
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby yqyq » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:25 pm

Any comment about Columbia Student Care Centre @ Jurong West?

Thks :D

yqyq
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby evelynseet » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:18 pm

Hi all

My god-daughter is studying at Columbia at Jurong West.

Currently, she is in K2. Very stressful. Every week got 20 chinese & english spelling to learn. And also have Exam for them.

I see my friend is more stress than her daughter.

But one good thing I can see from my god-daughter is that she is definately very well-prepared for P1 till P2.

The school have taught her a lots of new words & things that most of the children with the same age group as my god-daughter may not even know or understand.

So if u really looking for academic, this school will be good.

evelynseet
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby mama_mia » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:15 am

evelynseet wrote:Hi all

My god-daughter is studying at Columbia at Jurong West.

Currently, she is in K2. Very stressful. Every week got 20 chinese & english spelling to learn. And also have Exam for them.

I see my friend is more stress than her daughter.

But one good thing I can see from my god-daughter is that she is definately very well-prepared for P1 till P2.

The school have taught her a lots of new words & things that most of the children with the same age group as my god-daughter may not even know or understand.

So if u really looking for academic, this school will be good.

School curriculum is good, but important is the teacher, suggest to those who are keen to pay visit to columbia and maybe speak with the parents. And maybe you might like to see some posts concerning Columbia in this forum as well. Do a search for Columbia, you should be able to find the other post on the centre.

mama_mia
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Columbia Academy

Postby agnesost » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:42 am

agnesost
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care