The Experiential Learning Centre ("TELC")

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

The Experiential Learning Centre ("TELC")

Postby happypoppy » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:24 am

Hi, I'm planning to enrol my boy in a playgroup once he turns 18 months and is in the midst of shortlisting several childcare centres in the Bukit Timah/ Jurong East vacinity, one of which is The Experiential Learning Centre ("TELC") at SIM.

Does anyone has any comments on this place with regards to the teachers (are they genuinely caring?, teacher-studen ratio?), curriculum (innovative? readiness of the programme in preparing the child for P1?), school management (how is the teacher turnover rate?) etc?

Thanks in advance!

happypoppy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby happypoppy » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:20 am

anybody?

happypoppy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:16 am

happypoppy wrote:anybody?

Have you seen this directory entry?

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby happypoppy » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:50 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:
happypoppy wrote:anybody?

Have you seen this directory entry?

I've read that beforehand. However, I wanted a first hand account of how mummies here find TELC.

Thanks anyway, Chief Kiasu!

happypoppy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby SBH » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:23 pm

My friend's 3yr old daughter is in TELC@SIM for 2years. Recently I heard from my friend that the school will be taken over by Cherie Hearts. Please confirm with them again

SBH
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby happypoppy » Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:32 pm

Thanks SBH and Insider for the information. Haven’t had the time to visit TELC’s premises yet. Actually, when we make an appointment to visit the premises, should I try to meet up with the principal too or is meeting up with the school administrator sufficient?

Insider, do you have any comments on the childcare centre ‘Columbia Early Learning Centre’ at Jurong East? I’ve started a thread on it but didn’t manage to get much feedback. I’ve also visited the premises and talked to the administrator (didn’t manage to talk to the principal though). However even after seeing the place and looking through their curriculum, I’m still pretty clueless as to how to go about differentiating a good childcare centre/ learning environment from a mediocre one. Any input from you will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

happypoppy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby happypoppy » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:18 pm

SBH wrote:My friend's 3yr old daughter is in TELC@SIM for 2years. Recently I heard from my friend that the school will be taken over by Cherie Hearts. Please confirm with them again

To mummies considering TELC,

I've called TELC and spoke to the administrator. It's confirmed that CH will be taking over TELC although she assured me that the curriculum shall remain unchanged. hmmmm..... too bad there arent many parents in this forum with kids in TELC or we'll be able to get 1st hand info if there has been any notable improvement/ deterioration to the school environment and curriculum as a whole after the new management takes over.

happypoppy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby baobei » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:08 pm

The curriculum is said to be the same.

baobei
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Libra_Leo » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:03 pm

not all CH cc is bad, some are quite good. only a few good and there are 40 over CH in singapore. most impt is the principal and teachers as all have diff principal (director)

Libra_Leo
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby jacyn » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:03 pm

My boy is in TELC. We were also apprehensive when informed that CH is taking over. But as we find the teachers are good (warm, loving, sincere), we decided to let him remain.

jacyn
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Next

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care