Playgroups - GUG, or those baby gyms or Wee Care?

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Playgroups - GUG, or those baby gyms or Wee Care?

Postby treasuretots_yeow » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:10 pm

I am thinking of bringing my 14month old son to a playgroup but I cant decide which one to go to. Any suggestions?

I am thinking of either GUG, or those baby gyms or Wee Care? Any suggestion or feedback. I tried calling the baby gyms ones and I don't quite like how the staff answers my questions like when I ask about the programs, they don't seem to know about them and will say "Oh when you come down, you can ask the teachers, etc.." :?

treasuretots_yeow
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby twotwobravo » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:40 pm

for 18mths and above, u can chk out details in www.edufarm.com.sg

twotwobravo
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby tamtam » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:36 pm

GUG is very established and known to be a leading preschool in Singapore, so worth checking it out. If you live in the East, they just opened a new branch that's very impressive and they are offering half price and special discounts now.

tamtam
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby GLEEYZ » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:08 pm

I send my son to bibinogs which I think is quite good.. the structure is very similiar with GUG (i went for the trial). I find that the class is small and my son dont really fall sick alot in there. But he got bored after 2 terms.

So i switched him to Julia Gabriel which he really enjoy and the teachers are really engagaing. But.. he fall sick alot when he is there.

btw.. bibinogs also cover zoophonics..

GLEEYZ
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby fattysuperfamily » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:44 pm

Child was with GUG (United Sq) before. Feel them ok but they are more of repetitive learning so activities kinda boring after a while, where we switched to Julia Gabriel (Evans Lodge). Activites are interesting with drama play by the teachers hence they are able to attract the children more than in GUG where i think the most interesting part is the music and dance lesson...In JG, there are 1 chinese and 1 english teachers conducting the class so it is bilingual. There are also sand and water play on separate weeks...

If driving, they have their own parking lots but it is not FOC...

fattysuperfamily
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby donroxx » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:59 pm

GuG/JG/etc and gym classes provide different learning experiences for kids. GuG/JG/similiar schools provide more "scholastic" environment like phonetics, exposure to english/mandarin, numbers, speech n drama etc etc. Gym classes concentrates on the physical aspect.

My kid has been attending both "school-like" classes and gym classes. I find he has benefited greatly from both and I intend to let him continue til I find he has out grown the classes.

donroxx
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby donroxx » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:06 pm

forgot to add...

you can always go for trial classes and see which kind of classes is best for your kid.

do remember that for the kid to enjoy classes, they have to be "prep-ed" and depending on the kid's character, they will take time to warm up. my kid about same age as yours and he still needs warming up before every class haha.

GuG at mountbatten is having 50% off trial class til end of Aug if i did not remember wrongly. I went for their open house last sat and might send my kid there once they smooth out the "new-ness" of the place.

regarding JG, I been trying to get a trial class at Forum but not successful so I give up. They also have a new Chiltern House at Mountbatten but it is already full with waiting list. *faint* looks like no fate between JG n my kid.

donroxx
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby fattysuperfamily » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:08 pm

donroxx wrote:forgot to add...

you can always go for trial classes and see which kind of classes is best for your kid.

do remember that for the kid to enjoy classes, they have to be "prep-ed" and depending on the kid's character, they will take time to warm up. my kid about same age as yours and he still needs warming up before every class haha.

GuG at mountbatten is having 50% off trial class til end of Aug if i did not remember wrongly. I went for their open house last sat and might send my kid there once they smooth out the "new-ness" of the place.

regarding JG, I been trying to get a trial class at Forum but not successful so I give up. They also have a new Chiltern House at Mountbatten but it is already full with waiting list. *faint* looks like no fate between JG n my kid.

Yes, agree that trials do help...went for a gym trial in marina square when it first opened its door...didnt like it so save the trouble withdrawing after enrolment...not to mention losing the registration fee etc...

fattysuperfamily
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby fattysuperfamily » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:09 pm

donroxx wrote:forgot to add...

you didnt try the evan's lodge? i went for the trial there before signing up after the class...the forum centre only indoor and no outdoor activites?

fattysuperfamily
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby kiyomi » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:26 am

i went for the trial at GUG mounbatten too.

the teachers were really lively.. it's just that maybe my son cannot quite pay attention yet. it's his first time attending such structured classes and he really hate the art and craft part.. he prefers roaming around...

but i think the music and dance session is really interesting..

they are still having some sort of renovation going on i hope it completes soon.. abit dusty leh the area..

kiyomi
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Next

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care