Which enrichment class to recommend for 1 yr old toddler?

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Which enrichment class to recommend for 1 yr old toddler?

Postby faithgurl » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:28 pm

Hi,

Anybody can advise which enrichment glass or gym class is suitable for 1 yr old toddler? Prefer to have a mix of motor skills & memory skills program? Anybody can help? Thks!

faithgurl
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby EASON MAGPIES » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:03 am

My daughter is 8 months and so far only sign her up for baby spa. I am also thinking of what to go to next. Everyone we ask say she is still young. Actually I am just looking for something interesting and can have family bonding.

If nothing else then shall bring her to botanic garden for fresh air and green scenery guess good for the eyes... :D

EASON MAGPIES
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby CatTy 007 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:03 pm

U can try Kindermusik or gymboree class.

CatTy 007
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Jolin78 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:30 pm

u can also try baby jumper gym.

Jolin78
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

BABY JUMPER GYM

Postby faithgurl » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:56 pm

Jolin78 wrote:u can also try baby jumper gym.

Hi,

Hv considered baby jumper gym but wana hv some feedback whether it's good. Hv u tried before? Is it good? Kindly advise. Thks!

faithgurl
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Shichida Method

Postby faithgurl » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:58 pm

Hi,

Any mummies / daddies hv sent their kids to Shichida Method? Wana get some feedback whether it's good. Anybody can advise. Thks!

faithgurl
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Shichida Method

Postby dolliepollie » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:42 pm

faithgurl wrote:Hi,

Any mummies / daddies hv sent their kids to Shichida Method? Wana get some feedback whether it's good. Anybody can advise. Thks!

hi faithgurl,
my boy is 13months now and i intend to bring him to shichida next yr Jan when he is 17months. cause Jan is oso their new intake. but i think you need to put deposit 6months in advance just incase they dun have a space. :)
i got a friend's son who attended their class when he was 18months and now he is turning 4 end of this yr. his memory is super powerful. eg: we show him a name card w/o telling him wad we wan. and after awhile like 30s to 40s we take back the card and ask him what are the colors you remember on the name card. he can name it all to you which i am very impress!!
as my friend say.. this is not a 1 2 term thingie. it is a on going class den you can see result.

currently i send my boy to kindermusik.
on going we might be trying out bibinogs, gug, jg and zoophonics. :)

dolliepollie
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby faithgurl » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:35 pm

dolliepollie wrote:

hi faithgurl,
my boy is 13months now and i intend to bring him to shichida next yr Jan when he is 17months. cause Jan is oso their new intake. but i think you need to put deposit 6months in advance just incase they dun have a space. :)
i got a friend's son who attended their class when he was 18months and now he is turning 4 end of this yr. his memory is super powerful. eg: we show him a name card w/o telling him wad we wan. and after awhile like 30s to 40s we take back the card and ask him what are the colors you remember on the name card. he can name it all to you which i am very impress!!
as my friend say.. this is not a 1 2 term thingie. it is a on going class den you can see result.

Hi dolliepollie,

Thks a lot for sharing. Understand that we need to do some homework at hm to supplement for the Shichida class. Do u hv any idea what can we do at hm to teach our kids? Possible to chk with yr fren? Thinking of starting off something at hm 1st but no idea how to go abt it & where to get the materials. Any mummies / daddies can share?

faithgurl
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby EASON MAGPIES » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:57 am

Hi dolliepollie,

Thks a lot for sharing. Understand that we need to do some homework at hm to supplement for the Shichida class. Do u hv any idea what can we do at hm to teach our kids? Possible to chk with yr fren? Thinking of starting off something at hm 1st but no idea how to go abt it & where to get the materials. Any mummies / daddies can share?[/quote]

Mom Duriz actually posted on my newbie thread this link

http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... .php?t=106

I have read through only about 5-6 pages and found it quite useful. I am also thinking of sending my girl (8 months) to right brain training soon...I am just considering whether it should be shichida or some other program. I believe there is quite a few.

From the thread you will see homework with child is only 30mins everyday.

Lets keep this thread going and share what to do since a few of us all thinking about enrichment for our child.

EASON MAGPIES
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby EASON MAGPIES » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:06 am

dolliepollie wrote:

hi faithgurl,

Hi

Whats your experience at kindermusik. I google and read their website. It seems it is a music kind of school. Would you continue with kindermusik once your child join shichida ?

I have also seen on youtube that chinese program about rightbrain training. Just got to youtube and type shichida and you can watch. I am very impressed with the girls ability but does it mean most of the child who goes through the program will be able to do what she or your friend child did? I would be very happy with my girl if she can do half.

It seems you have spoken to people at shichida since you know their intake is in Jan.Have you? I am thinking of calling them and go for a preview to see what it is like.

EASON MAGPIES
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Next

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care