childcare to recommend?

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

childcare to recommend?

Postby benz » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:48 pm

Hi,
Thinking of changing childcare for my son who is 3+yrs. Current sch a bit bo-chap. Socks can be left in school, and the teachers are not awared. Feedback but still no improvement. Also, he is becoming a typical 'singapore' boy with all the singlish..all the lahs, lors. Wondering why the teachers nvr correct him since he spent so much time in school (full day childrecare)..sian...trying to change to a good, responsible school before my ah gal (who is currently 15 mths) joins him..

any recommendations in AMK/ Bishan/ TPY (anywhere area that area)??

benz
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:37 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby littlehelper » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:40 pm

Amk quite a number of schools like learning vision/PCS/YMCA/YWCA/little skool house.
Bishan there is united montesorri( very full!)
YWCA & MYMCA( Nice environments and teachers)
Toa payoh and amk and bishan all have my first skool
Do you have any specific thing you are looking for? Like nice environment/teachers/curriculum.?
From there can shortlist.. Or shortlist by distance?

littlehelper
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 9:55 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby baglady » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:46 pm

Hi I am also looking, either half day childcare, or maybe start with playgroup. Any good ones to recommend? Prefer to be in the east area. thanks!

baglady
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:11 am
Total Likes: 0


Postby benz » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:58 am

nice and caring teacher, conductive learning enviroment-i think the basic shd be met. maybe would prefer those that are semi-d as dun really want them to be in aircon setting for the whole day, and they have sufficient space to run/play.

: )

benz
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:37 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby littlehelper » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:56 pm

Well non-aircon then united montesorri and happy family is out.
There is cherie hearts and kinderland in the peminpin area.
In AMK i think there is a few semi-d kind too.
I think space to run around should not be a prob cos normally most centers have outdoor play everyday...
Bishan 3-in-1 is located in a very nice environment.Just outside the doors of the center is a whole garden-like-park.
But not too sure what the teachers and all are like.
YWCA in bishan has nice teachers and classrooms are very homely.
Toa Payoh my first skool is very big so definitely have space to move about even within the classrooms and they have their own playground.You can check it out.Non-aircon except infants.

littlehelper
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 9:55 pm
Total Likes: 0



Postby atfc » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:02 pm

baglady wrote:Hi I am also looking, either half day childcare, or maybe start with playgroup. Any good ones to recommend? Prefer to be in the east area. thanks!


hi, you can try out this preschool called stamford little geniuses in bugis. (www.stamford.edu.sg/genius)

they are giving out free for the 1st month for new-comers.

my girl is studying there right now and its not bad. their teachers are very nice and caring. since its free, might as well try it out and see whether its suitable for your kid :)

atfc
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:57 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby baglady » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:26 pm

atfc wrote:hi, you can try out this preschool called stamford little geniuses in bugis. (www.stamford.edu.sg/genius)

they are giving out free for the 1st month for new-comers.

my girl is studying there right now and its not bad. their teachers are very nice and caring. since its free, might as well try it out and see whether its suitable for your kid :)


Thanks I may try it out. But only problem is not very convenient as I prefer if near to my house or office or hubby's office. Otherwise a bit troublesome. For now, my parents looking after my boy but we're thinking to start him on some programme. Better chance for learning and interaction.

baglady
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:11 am
Total Likes: 0


Postby atfc » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:25 pm

baglady wrote:
atfc wrote:hi, you can try out this preschool called stamford little geniuses in bugis. (www.stamford.edu.sg/genius)

they are giving out free for the 1st month for new-comers.

my girl is studying there right now and its not bad. their teachers are very nice and caring. since its free, might as well try it out and see whether its suitable for your kid :)


Thanks I may try it out. But only problem is not very convenient as I prefer if near to my house or office or hubby's office. Otherwise a bit troublesome. For now, my parents looking after my boy but we're thinking to start him on some programme. Better chance for learning and interaction.


if i'm not mistaken, they do have half day and full day montessori programmes where you can leave your child with them for the day/week. mm i realize that in childcare they don't really teach and brain train my child. just more of taking care of my dd. so i guess its the offset between quality and convenience :)

atfc
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:57 pm
Total Likes: 0


any preschool in sengkang that has outdoor activities?

Postby justlynne » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:27 am

hi all, i'm helping a friend who's coming to sg next year scout for a preschool for her twins 4yrs old in serangoon/sengkang area...

she's looking for a school that provides outdoor education like PE as part of their curriculum. Not familiar with sengkang/serangoon side, can anyone share some recommendations pls? :?

justlynne
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:12 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby littlehelper » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:07 am

Outdoor education like PE PAP schools have.
I think every friday or smth like tat they will have PE.
If it's child care/kindergartens/ mostly outdoor activities they go to the playground run around play thats all.
Some have enrichment classes like kids tennis(the coach come to the center to teach them)/gym kids i guess that will be their PE.

littlehelper
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 9:55 pm
Total Likes: 0


Next

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care